Treasure Island Sailing Center
698 California Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94130
Security Clearance Required
Yes DoJ Background Check
Treasure Island Sailing Center creates opportunities for people to learn and grow through sailing by providing facilities, sailing instruction, and access to the water for people of all socio-economic backgrounds, abilities and skill levels. Our vision is to provide San Francisco with a first-rate community sailing center that provides universal access to and lifelong connections with the Bay.
We are currently seeking a dynamic person to permanently fill the position of Head Coach/ Racing Coach. This person would continue to develop organized competitive youth sailing at the center. The coach will oversee and develop a skills based structure to improve the quality of youth sailing education while setting up a formal fleet structure for our participants. This is a full-time position with the following responsibilities.
Sailing Program Oversight & Instruction:
• Act as liaison with participants, group representatives, parents, etc.
• Train and oversee instructors and volunteers as it pertains to programs
• Ensure that safety standards are maintained and executed by all instructors
• Provide feedback to Program Manager regarding opportunities for instructors, participants and parents
• Track student progress and successes
• Provide training and development opportunities for other instructors
Racing Program, Regattas and Team Sailing:
• Head High School Racing Program
• Planning of all practices and regattas
• Responsible to ensure the highest level of program participation
• To communicate with high school liaison and parents as needed
• Support Program Manager in overseeing the scheduling of regattas and practices
• To plan and oversee any outreach to improve program participation
• Oversee preparation and managing of racing equipment
• Responsible for the continued development and improvement of team performance and engagement.
Fleet & Equipment:
• Oversee maintenance and inventory of teaching equipment including: wetsuits, PFD’s, and other sailing gear; radios and loudhailers; safety gear; marks; and maintaining inventory
• Assist in maintenance of boats by managing maintenance log, coordinating repairs with facility/fleet
coordinator, and directing instructors to perform basic repairs and maintenance
• Ensure the Quonset huts, dock office, closet and containers are organized at all times
• Participate in facility workdays
• Create and maintain programmatic organization
• Diagnose maintenance issues with fleet
• Coordinate with Executive Director and Facility Manager to set maintenance priorities and to ensure
equipment is maintained to the highest standard at the lowest cost and in a timely manner
• Ensure there is sufficient fuel available for programs; coordinate with Facility Manager or Instructors
• Provide instruction for classes as planned/ needed
• Physical Inventory of all Boats, Sails, Parts, and Gear annually
* Communicate with Race Program Parents as Needed
HR & Operational Responsibilities:
• Coordinate with Program Manager to hire Instructors and coordinate new employee processing
• Communicate with Summer Camp, Youth Spring/Fall and Adult Spring/Fall programs instructors to ensure
efficient and consistent scheduling
• Foster open communication and teamwork
• Continually streamline and simplify
• Oversee and manage instructors and interns
• Maintain safety standards
• Maintain clean, organized office environment.
Individuals with advanced sailing skills and familiarity with a variety of dinghies. Great with people and mainly with children, good work ethic, professional, patient, and willing to work weekends. Most classes are taught on Bugs, Optis, FJ’s, and RS Ventures. Applicant should have a high degree of both racing strategy, tactics, and mechanics.
Ability to work in the USA, lift 50lbs. Level 1 small boat coach.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Travis Lund, email@example.com
Employer Contact Information