This is a full time, seasonal position at The Larchmont Yacht Club. The Adult Sailing Manager is responsible for promoting and increasing participation in our adult sailing program. The Adult Sailing Manager will work closely with the Waterfront Director, Sailing Director, Yachting Committee, and Adult Sailing Committee to ensure all goals of the club, as they relate to adult sailing are met. The Adult Sailing Manager will serve as a “club pro”, advisor on all adult sailing issues and be challenged with increasing participation and competitiveness of members.
• Extensive experience in sailboat racing. The ideal candidate will have experience in multiple classes and disciplines (dinghies, keel boats, fleet racing, match racing, team racing) and be an active racer
• Extensive experience in sailing instruction and regatta management. The ideal candidate will have experience working with both children and adults
• Experience handling both sail and power vessels in a safe manner
• Understanding of maintenance routines required for institutional sailboats
• Computer literate in database management, word processing, and spreadsheets
• Excellent communication skills
• Outgoing personality, diplomatic, flexible, trustworthy, and goal oriented
• Team oriented and with a clear ability to work positively with others
• Self starter and proactive as it relates to job duties
Physical Condition and Nature of Work
This position, at times, requires extensive physical activity in all weather conditions. It regularly requires working weekends and extended hours.
Essential Functions (Duties) of the Position Adult Sailing Manager
Summer Season: Mid May - Mid September
• Administer and coach the following programs, Team Racing, Coached Fleet Racing, Harbor Racing, Adult Learn to Sail classes, Family Sailing, Team Racing Clinics, Spinnaker Clinics and others that may be created.
• Coordinate with Junior Sailing Program and the Club’s summer camp on Ideal 18 usage.
• Provide hands-on assistance to the Regatta Committee in the execution of sailing events, especially Larchmont Race Week.
• Schedule and give private lessons to members, both adult and junior, as requested.
• Administer “certification sails” and the maintain program registration database.
• Work with the Waterfront Director, Sailing Director, Marine Facilities Director, Bosun and relevant LYC personnel to ensure proper maintenance is being done on the Ideal 18’s.
Employer Contact Information
1 Woodbine Ave