The Sailing and Aquatics Camp Director is responsible for performing the duties as outlined below. This is a part time seasonal position that typically requires working up to 30+ hours per week. It is expected that the Sailing and Aquatics Camp Director will be available during the entire sailing class season (early June – Mid August: see Manager for exact dates), Monday – Friday 8:30 am – 4:00 pm.
The Sailing and Aquatics Camp Director must be at least 18 years of age and must possess 1-2 years sailing and aquatics background from an accredited sailing program (ie. US Sailing) & certificate in US sailing. Must know advance sailing, kayaking and paddle boarding maneuvers and be able to teach 5-20 participants during assigned camps.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for the safety of all program participants through the effective execution of agency polices
• Ensure students and campers are engaged, learn new skills, and have an enjoyable experience in beach programs and classes
• Complete paperwork as needed such as progress sheets, attendance logs, sign-in/sign-out sheets
• Provide the highest level of customer service and positive professional interaction with parents
• Supervise 1-4 aquatic and sailing camp counselors
• Will coordinate and will be primary contact for all aquatic and sailing camp
• Help develop daily and weekly lesson plans
• Keep attendance of all aquatic and sailing camps and communicate with parents for any cancellations or issues regarding any sailing related activities
• Must communicate with Facility Manager regarding camp and safety issues
• Will coordinate schedules for all aquatic and sailing camp counselors
• Create certificates or awards for participants in aquatic and sailing camp
• Sailing Camp should include:
Rowing and boat retrieval.
Basic boat maintenance.
Emphasis on sportsmanship and respectful behavior.
Protocol for the rigging and de-rigging of boats.
Introduction to racing tactics.
Introduction to racing rules.
Teaching in accordance with U.S. Sailing Instructor Guidelines.
Employer Contact Information
Glencoe Park Dsitrct
999 Green Bay Rd
Facility Manager for the Glencoe Swimming and Boating Beach.