Camp Powerboat Instructor
About SUNY Maritime College:
SUNY Maritime College located on a 55-acre scenic waterfront property on the outskirts of New York City on the Throggs Neck peninsula where the East River meets Long Island Sound. The campus blends the best of two worlds: a comfortable college-town feel with the greatest city in the world. An impressive view of the sound extends toward the North Atlantic, yet only a few miles away are Yankee Stadium and midtown Manhattan. SUNY Maritime offers an array of employment opportunities stemming from entry level to professional positions which encourage growth and development among its employees.
SUNY Maritime College, located in Throggs Neck (Bronx) New York, is looking for outgoing, mature, responsible, and motivated instructors that will ignite campers' interest in aquatic activities, specifically powerboating. Instructors' primary responsibility is to teach powerboat skills but may also assist with: sailing, marine environmental science, paddle boarding, kayaking, fishing, swimming, SCUBA diving and other waterfront activities and adventures during our Maritime Adventure Camp.
• Teach powerboating and other aquatic activities to 5th-9th grade campers
• Help ensure a safe, fun learning environment
• Evaluate and adjust curriculum, lesson plans and activities, as needed
• Be a mentor and role model for Counselors & Counselors in Training (CIT)
• Prepare, maintain and properly clean and stow all equipment
• Perform all other duties as assigned by Waterfront Directors
• Superior small powerboat handling skills and teaching ability - US Powerboating Safe Powerboat Handling Certification or ability to achieve before camp starts
• Fun-loving, sense of adventure, team player, positive, can-do attitude
• Passion for and experience with working with children within the marine environment
• Ability to work well with others as a collaborative team player and take initiative as a leader
• Current CPR and First Aid Certification, or ability to achieve before camp starts
• Must meet the physical/medical standards specified in the special notes section of Article 48 [Section G] of the New York City Department of Health code: (g) Every staff member including kitchen and maintenance staff shall have had a recent medical examination including regular tuberculin testing as approved by the Department.
• US Powerboating Safe Powerboat Handling Instructor Certification
• USCG Launch Tender License or higher
• Lifeguard certification
Compensation and Benefits:
• $15-$25/hour (Salary will commensurate with experience and qualifications)
• Possible dorm room housing available
• 1-week Training & Orientation June 24-28; followed by three 2-week camp sessions, July 1 - Aug 8
Budget Title: Technical Specialist (CSL)
Local Title: Camp Powerboat Instructor
For those desiring additional information, please contact the Waterfront at email@example.com.
SUNY Maritime College is an Equal Opportunity/Veterans/Disabled/Affirmative Action employer, committed to recruiting, supporting and fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff and students. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For our full non-discrimination statement, see: http://www.sunymaritime.edu/affirmative-action
SUNY Maritime College is committed to maintaining a safe environment for its students, faculty, staff, volunteers and the general public that use our facilities. Therefore, in order to ensure the hiring of employees of the highest integrity and to maintain a safe campus community, SUNY Maritime College will conduct pre-employment background investigations on all individuals for whom employment is to be offered.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need a disability related accommodation, please call The Office of Human Resource Services at (718) 409-7303 or email at email@example.com. In accordance with the Title II Crime Awareness and Security Act, a copy of our crime statistics is available upon request by calling (718) 409-7350. It can also be viewed on line by selecting University Police at www.sunymaritime.edu
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit the following documents by clicking on the APPLY NOW button.
• Cover Letter
• Three professional references
Returning Applicants - Login to your SUNY Maritime Careers Account to check your completed application, check/edit your profile or to upload additional documents.
Apply here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/63tn74r3b3xkgyym