Cedar Point Yacht Club is seeking a Race Coordinator for our 2020 summer season.
The Race Coordinator helps ensure high quality racing for Cedar Point’s nine great one-design and PHRF fleets. This is a great opportunity to be involved in all aspects of racing and race management working with a community of sailors who compete nearly every day of the week from Memorial Day to Labor Day and into the fall. The Race Coordinator supports race committees and competitors on the water and works with club managers and volunteers to keep our support fleet and gear in top condition.
• Power boat operation – CT Safe Boating License required; US Sailing/US Powerboating Safe Powerboat Handling Certification preferred; GPS operation
• Basic knowledge of sailboat racing desired, racing experience even better
• Ability to improvise and proactively assist members, guests and other staff
• Good written and verbal communications; strong organizational skills
• Provide a welcoming atmosphere and superior service to enhance the racing experience
• Prepare required racing equipment - marks, ground tackle, flags, ollie horn, etc.
• Operate and help maintain support boats, including setting and retrieving marks, signaling when appropriate, performing rescue and towing operations when necessary
• Track tasks and action items necessary for safe and efficient operation of the equipment and support boats
• Proactively track weather, Race Committee attendance and needs, and racing conditions
Employer Contact Information
Cedar Point Yacht Club
1 Bluff Point