4 South Street
Oyster Bay, NY 11771
Charitable / Not for Profit
Responsible for Oakcliff’s revenue streams including fundraising, sponsorship, and other commercial activities. Utilize current infrastructure and resources, modify as needed and deliver a fundraising and development program.
• Work with the Director of Public Relations in messaging and communications and promotions to maximize fundraising results.
• Work with Training Director on the annual brochure
• Work within the existing infrastructure to manage the current fundraising activities including the supporter contact database, currently in Constant Contact, of current and past donors.
• Be a presence on site for regular sailing and events to service supporters
• Actively work to increase the number and levels of support
• Manage supporter deliverables
• Cultivate the current databases for possible high-end donors
• Research new donor bases, specifically non-sailing
• Aggressively traffic donors from initial contact through giving
• Encourage multi-year commitments and legacy giving program
• Utilize the Executive Director to secure major gifts
• Take the lead on the fundraising portion of a Fall and Spring Art Show
• Produce the Celebrating New Heights annual fundraising event
• Coordinate year-end appeal and mailings
• Ensure appropriate language is in all receipts and acknowledgment
• Create, manage and adhere to the fundraising schedule
• Continue to strengthen relationships that will lead to the donation of assets, boats, vehicles etc. Work with the management team to identify needed assets and make plans to have those donated.
• Coordinate the occasional sale of assets including listing, promoting and administering the transfer
• Support the Training Director in student recruitment
• Actively sell team building and other stand-alone fundraising opportunities
• Package, sell and service corporate sponsorship opportunities
The position is for a highly organized and personable fundraising manager. He or she needs to be well spoken with excellent communication skills but also must be comfortable in a variety of environments from the deck of a boat to a corporate boardroom. Sailing experience of some level is required.
Employer Contact Information
Oakcliff Sailing Center