Endeavour Program Manager
Endeavour Community Sailing
31, Victoria Place Hamilton
Application Closing Date
Endeavour Community Sailing is a non-profit educational sailing organisation located in beautiful Bermuda. We engage local youth from different socioeconomic backgrounds in experiential learning activities with STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math) through Sailing education that builds confidence, teamwork, and leadership skills.
We're currently hiring a year-round full-time Programme Manager with experience in designing, facilitating, and overseeing experiential education and youth sailing programmes to join our energetic, fun-loving and collaborative team. This is a fantastic opportunity for a passionate, self-motivated individual to be an integral part of our vibrant, growing organisation.
The Programme Manager role provides the successful candidate with an opportunity to hone your leadership skills while sharing your passion for sailing with young people of varying skills, abilities, and experience in a safe and fun learning environment. This role is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of one of our community sailing centres and leads the delivery of our experiential educational programmes to ensure participants benefit from the highest quality of education and an engaging, hands-on learning experience.
The Programme Manager reports to the Community Sailing Manager and Community Engagement, Development & Partnerships Manager and is responsible for:
• Overseeing programme instruction for students of varying skills, abilities, and experience levels and providing guidance to improve training and teaching skills.
• Supervising and providing mentorship to the Programme Coordinator, Programme Instructor, and seasonal instructors and assist with regular performance appraisals.
• Ensuring the safety and wellbeing of students is prioritized at all times.
• Ensuring that programme delivery creates a fun, engaging learning experience for all participants.
• Communicating effectively with students, parents, and teachers about the programme, and establishing strong working relationships for the continued success of the programmes.
• Reporting on programme registration, student progression, and outcome measurements using the online system.
• Managing daily operations of the designated sailing facility.
• Liaising with vendors, service providers, and educational partners.
• Ensuring safety procedures are well communicated and adhered to by all team members and participants.
• Ensuring a high standard of maintenance for all sailing assets and equipment.
• Ensuring responsible operation and care of all educational and teaching assets.
• Ensuring the facility and surrounding grounds are kept clean, tidy and secure at all times.
• Overseeing the coordination of evening and weekend training sessions and occasional regattas.
• Leading the planning and execution of events for end-of term awards and other programme-related events.
• Assist in delivering taster sailing sessions and facilitating educational activities as part of community outreach.
• Contributing to timely updates on social media channels as required.
• Other duties as assigned from time to time.
• Must have a minimum of 3 years of programme management experience successfully delivering sports / recreation-based educational programmes to youth as well as communicating effectively with students, teachers, and parents and providing feedback on students’ progress.
• Proven ability to perform administrative and organisational aspects required of the role.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills, as well as problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
• Excellent leadership, public speaking and facilitation skills.
• Proven ability to maintain composure in stressful situations.
• High degree of professionalism.
• Collaborative team player.
• Proven track record of managing the procurement, maintenance and inventory of materials and equipment for a sports/recreation-based educational programme.
• Demonstrates the highest level of awareness and safety regarding weather, motorboats, class organisation, personal discipline and conduct.
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
• Must be willing to work occasional evenings and weekends as required by the role.
• RYA or US Sailing Senior Sailing Instructor or assessor based qualification.
• Marine First Aid qualification
• RYA or US sailing Powerboat Qualifications
Employer Contact Information
Endeavour Community Sailing
Endeavour Community Sailing is a non-profit educational sailing organisation in Bermuda that engages students from different socioeconomic backgrounds in experiential learning activities with STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math) through Sailing education that builds confidence, teamwork, and leadership skills.