Grand Bahama Sailing Club is looking to hire a year round sailing Director / Head Coach.
GBSC is a small, community focused sailing club supported by its members and a volunteer committee. This position is the only full time salaried position at our organization. Our program focuses on these aspects:
1. Community Sailing Initiatives - Help us get more kids sailing! We strive to provide affordable and accessible sailing programs for the youth on Grand Bahama. 50% of our summer Learn to Sail participants receive sponsorships.
2. Adult Sailing Opportunities - GBSC is primarily made up of family memberships. We want to get our adult members sailing more actively with both social and racing events / clinics.
3. Youth Race Team Development - Continue advanced training for national level competition. Our sailors train in the Optimist, Laser, and Flying Junior. There are numerous regatta opportunities throughout the Family Islands which provide great competition, as well as invitations to regattas in the US and other Caribbean nations.
The ideal candidate will be a self starter and self motivated. Bring enthusiasm and passion for developing our sailing programs and social events. You will be the face of the organization and our representative to the local community. You will be expected to plan, coordinate and execute social events and fundraisers to support the financial health of the Club.
You should be an experienced sailor familiar in one-design sailing. Collegiate sailing experience (or equivalent) is preferred. Be approachable and confident in working with sailors, parents, and community leaders to promote sailing throughout the Island.
GBSC's assets include:
6 Flying Juniors
3 support / safety boats
Waterfront Clubhouse and pool
10 wet moorage slips
This position receives numerous benefits which includes:
-Furnished 2 bedroom apartment at the Club (waterfront)
-All utilities provided (including cable and internet)
-Use of Club Truck (gas provided)
-100% Employer provided Health Insurance
-Generous PTO and flexible travel schedule
-Tax free salary
-100% commission from Private Lessons
• Coaching Junior Sailing Programs, developing to potential.
• Manage on-the-water safety and safety equipment.
• Manage daily on-the water operations associated with all sailing programs.
• Responsible for coordinating travel events with race programs.
• Coordinate parent volunteers.
• Determine appropriate placement of summer instructors based on their knowledge, experience, and abilities.
• Create, maintain and implement curriculum for Learn To Sail programs.
• Maintains Club owned sailboats, keeping them looking good, safe, and in good working order at all times.
• Maintain fleet of Club owned safety boats, keeping them looking good, safe and in good working order at all times.
• Maintain positive relationships with junior sailors, their parents and the membership.
• Plan, coordinate and run home junior events.
• Enforce proper coaching techniques amongst seasonal coaching staff.
• Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill.
Interested applicants please submit your resume and cover letter to:
Employer Contact Information
Grand Bahama Sailing Club
No. 6 Royal Main Close