Head Instructor, Fun Instructor, General Instructor and Adult Instructor Positions Available!
Nantucket Yacht Club
1 South Beach St.
Nantucket, MA 02554
From $16.00 To $19.00
Are you ready for the best summer of your life?! Nantucket Yacht Club has a variety of Instructor positions available for 2020! Housing and meals are part of our employment package, and quality of life is unparalleled!
1) Head Instructor: This instructional program leader provides oversight for the entire Mariners (Beginner) and Whalers (Intermediate) level programs. In addition to forming groups by ability and organizing the instructors for the class, this is an active on the water teaching position. The ideal candidate will have a background in education and the ability to make a multi-year commitment.
2) General Instructor: These instructors float between the different junior and adult programs. These are general sailing instructors who do everything from helping new kids learn to rig an Opti to crewing on a Rhodes 19 with adults during practice racing.
3) Adult Instructor: These instructors are dedicated to the adult program. They should be confident racing dinghies and small keelboats.
4) Fun Instructor: Everyone should be fun - but we are looking for one specific coach to lead our adventure oriented "Teen Green" class. These 13-16 year olds sail RS Quests, 420s, and occasionally Rhodes. This person needs the ability to inspire a fun, high-energy atmosphere while also maintaining reasonable safety parameters. This class focuses more on sailing competently than racing, but some fun racing is part of the picture.
1) Minimum 19 years of age
2) Experience teaching beginners and intermediates
3) Experience in both leadership and teamwork environments.
4) Ability to create an environment where safety, fun, and learning are paramount.
5) Ability to effectively plan lessons on the daily, weekly, and seasonal demands, and knowledge base to develop sailors at the Beginner and Intermediate levels.
6) Ability to effectively manage and lead peers.
7) Responsible and hard-working.
8) Energetic, enthusiastic about working with kids.
9) US Sailing Level 1 Certification, or equivalent.
Adult Instructors should be familiar with small keelboat racing as well as competent at the helm, in addition to being competent racing dinghies.
Interested applicants should email a cover letter, resume and three professional references to Justin(at)nantucketyachtclub.org
Employer Contact Information
Nantucket Yacht Club