Head Sailing Coach/Director of Sailing
4200 54th Ave S St. Petersburg
St. Petersburg, FL 33711
● Develop, implement and execute a recruiting plan.
● Maintain a close working relationship with the College's Admissions Office and comply with all Admissions/Athletics recruitment expectations.
● Develop and nurture a comprehensive network of fundraising sources, including but not limited to parents, Private Yacht and Country Clubs, junior programs, and alumni.
● Schedule, supervise and coordinate all team practices.
● Provide performance evaluations for each team member and the Assistant Head Coach.
● Develop, implement and maintain Sailing Team policies and procedures.
● Create and manage the Sailing Team budget.
● Create a repair, replace, and maintenance plan to maintain the fleet
● Ensure that all team powerboat drivers are certified through the Waterfront Training program.
● Maintain the College's memberships with the Intercollegiate Sailing Association (ICSA) and the South Atlantic Intercollegiate Sailing Association (SAISA).
● Schedule all team regatta participation (to be approved by the Athletics Director).
● Plan for and supervise all aspects of team travel in coordination with the Assistant Head Coach. Ensure that sailor student athletes are exemplary representatives of Eckerd College.
● Maintain positive, professional relationships with regatta officials.
● Coordination and management of all host regattas.
● Solicit support for the team through individuals and business/corporate sponsorships in cooperation with the Director of Athletics and the Office of Advancement.
● Maintain active contact with Sailing Team alumni, parents, and Friends of the Waterfront by providing news and information concerning regattas and general team updates/highlights.
● Organizing and schedule sailing camps and elite, VIP sailing clinics/schools staffed by student athletes and coaching staff.
● Other Duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
Minimum Qualifications (knowledge, skills, and abilities needed upon entry into the position)
● Knowledge of ICSA rules & regulations.
● Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
● Excellent coaching and student mentoring skills
● Well-developed written and oral communication skills and computer skills
● An understanding of the educational and developmental dimensions of intercollegiate sports in a residential liberal arts context.
Education (training / experience)
● Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree is preferred from a regionally accredited college or university.
● College sailing experience.
● College-level coaching experience
Employer Contact Information
4200 54th Ave S