High School / C420 Program Manager
Annapolis Yacht Club
510 Severn Ave
Annapolis, MD 21403
Annapolis Yacht Club is looking to hire a High School/c420 Program Manager. This position is a year-round, full-time, salaried job, working with the other full-time coaches and Jr Sailing Director.
AYC is moving into an exciting phase in their long standing history as a world renown yacht club. Three years ago, AYC suffered a devastating fire in the main clubhouse and the clubhouse has finally been rebuilt and opened. Along with the new clubhouse, AYC has a brand new, state of the art Sailing Center that will become the hub for all sailing activities. It has classroom space on the second floor that can seat up to 200 people. The club’s other new building, the Activity Center, has a dining room with seating up to 125 people with a fire pizza oven. The new building also has a pool, fitness center, fire pit area, outdoor bar area and flex meeting space to serve the club’s 1600 regular members and their families.
AYC is looking for the right candidate with proven history of strong coaching and communication skills to manage and coach the club’s High School and c420 Program. The High School/c420 Program Manager will work closely with the Optimist Program Manager and Waterfront Administrator on a daily basis. This person will lead high school practices on a weekly basis(March-May and Sept-Nov), coaching the three area high school teams that are hosted here at AYC. The Program Manager is the head coach for the c420 Race Team in the summer and winter(the team travels down to Florida) and often works with the top college coaches in the country as they are hired in the summer as guest team coaches.
The High School/c420 Program Manager is the primary point of contact for the High School and c420 programs and works with the Jr Fleet Director to set those program schedules. This person is responsible to creating the initial budgets for travel regattas, submitting expenses and billing associated with their program to the Jr Fleet Director at the end of each month. Other responsibilities include but are not limited to, regatta write-up reports that go out to membership, light maintenance of the club owned 420 fleet and inventory to equipment that is involved in the 420 program.
This position also requires the knowledge and use of word-processing, spreadsheet programs and online registration software programs. Included in this position is a high degree of contact with both junior sailing parents and sailors in a service, management, consulting, and disciplinarian format.
• Salary Commensurate with experience
• Health/Vision/Dental 401K
• Paid Vacation
• Eligible for Christmas Bonus
• PTO off to sail / private coach / teach
This is a full-time, year round, salaried position with heavy travel in the summer and winter months. Benefits are available after 90 days, 401k and retirement options available after one year of employment.
REPORTING and RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Reports directly to the AYC Junior Fleet Director.
• Teach team and individual sailing skills; Provide sailors with an “on water” experience appropriate to their level of experience, age, and weather conditions.
• Create and maintain a competitive racing environment. Provide and maintain a positive, safe environment for learning and sailing.
• Assist as required in the preparation and staging of the junior and adult regattas. Market and promote all junior sailing programs.
• Be a strong role model to help ensure our junior sailors conduct themselves in accordance with the Corinthian Spirit during practice and in competition.
• Be able to develop and implement a modern and effective curriculum to create skilled and confident youths who will respect others, care for their equipment, and be willing to help fellow sailors on and off the water.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• Fully trained in the teaching methods of the Scholastic 420 and C420 sailing
Able to coach Team Racing and Fleet Racing on an advance level
• Proven personal experience and achievement in the sport of Sailing
• Available to work days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
• Candidates require a professional manner and enthusiasm for the private club environment.
• Must be First Aid/AED/CPR and US Sailing Level 1 or higher certified
Must be able to pass a background check with the Archdiocese.
College Sailing experience preferred.
For a more detailed job requirements and preferred qualifications, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Employer Contact Information
Annapolis Yacht Club