Oversee all aspects of our growing Youth Sailing Program, Adult sailing instruction and fleet of club-owned boats with a primary focus on the Juniors program. The position is definitely full time during the ten week of summer camp and three quarter time the balance of the year given current demands. A successful candidate will grow programs with known, existing opportunities to make this position full time year round. Competitive compensation will be offered based upon experience.
• Manage the three sailing programs with the number one priority of safety for all sailors.
• Interview and hire sailing instructors and assign them to appropriate classes to teach, along with assistants for each class.
• Provide sailing educational materials that are appropriate for the different classes offered or created for the programs.
• The Program Director is expected to be onsite throughout the summer sailing sessions to assist and oversee the Head Summer Camp instructor in operating Camp.
• Assist instructors in the design and implementation of effective lessons plans that pique the curiosity of all learners through auditory, visual, and technological means both on and off the water.
• Work with the Fleet Captain on administrative tasks, i.e.: class schedule, class/program size, boat-maintenance, registration.
• Teach lessons of all types and coach at traveling regattas.
• Organize the “set-up” days before the program begins and ensure that the Club is in top-notch condition to begin sailing classes.
• Organize and execute two “Fun” Nights for parents & kids during the summer.
• Create a variety of activities i.e. the boat-building contest and special events during the summer to encourage additional teambuilding and creative activities for the sailors.
• Facilitate and design private lessons for sailors.
• Help coaches organize race schedule and logistics of attending regattas.
• Organize/order trophies for the end of the summer Awards’ Night.
• Act as Master of Ceremonies at Awards’ Night.
• Work with various vendors to ensure that all boats and other assets that support the sailing program are in good working order.
Employer Contact Information
Santa Monica Windjammers Yacht Club
13589 Mindanao Way
Marina del Rey