This year round full time position involves teaching sailing to adults at all levels, management and maintenance of our fleet of IC-24s and Hobie Waves, as well as a desire to create and implement programs that attract new people from on island and abroad. We frequently add new offerings and approaches to accomplish these goals. The right candidate will enjoy being part of the St. Thomas sailing community and want to advance to directing the program.
• Experience teaching sailing to adults on small keelboats at a professional level
• Experience and skill in racing, especially small keelboats
• Experience cruising
• Skill at maintaining and repairing fiberglass sailboats, including rigging, hauling, trailering, etc.
• Enthusiasm for creating, marketing and organizing a variety of sailing events
The following are desirable:
• US Sailing Instructor Certification
• USCG license
• Experience using social media
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com to apply.
Employer Contact Information
St. Thomas Sailing Center
6224 Yacht Club Road
Virgin Islands, U.S.
St. Thomas Sailing Center is an adult sailing school and boat access program affiliated with the St. Thomas Yacht Club on the beautiful waters of Cowpet Bay in St. Thomas, USVI. We offer courses to residents and visitors from Learn to Sail through Bareboat Chartering and Racing. We host North U Racing Clinics, corporate events, weekly racing programs, private coaching, island races, sailing based social events and regattas. Members of the club can sign up for boat access and sail or race our fleet of IC-24s or Hobie Waves.