Melges IC37 Class Association Executive Director (ED)
1. Executive Director reports to the Class President and the Board regarding the overall health of the Melges IC37 Class Association.
2. Has regular contact with owners and charterers, listening to ideas/concerns and acting as a class concierge for owners and charterers between and during events.
3. Works with IC37 Committees and officers on several fronts including measurement, class rules, equipment support, and providing consistent message to owners and charterers.
4. Coordinate efforts between the Melges IC37 Class Association and Organizing Authorities to ensure the events have a similar experience while coordinating schedules and events.
1) The Executive Director will work with the Class Treasurer and Melges Performance Sailboats to track the budget, billing, spending and reporting. Along with the Class Treasurer, the ED will be responsible for the Class budget.
2) Responsible for the Class Administration, including all correspondence to members/owners, records and information regarding the fleets, regattas, boats, sail numbers and membership status.
3) Responsible for assisting the Class Measure(s), including tracking and maintaining sail documentation, sail limit marks and the close following of class rules and objectives.
4) Responsible for maintaining the Class schedule and working to arrange events with specific OA’s as directed by the Board.
5) Coordinate with Melges Performance Sailboats Marketing Director on the Melges IC37 Class Website. Will be responsible to ensure specific Class information is up to date and maintained. This includes schedule, class rules, results, and official notices.
6) Responsible for Class promotion/advertising as directed and budgeted for by the Board.
7) The ED is expected to administer Class Rule requirements at events pre-agreed by the Board when the annual schedule is created. This includes tracking and filing Boat Captain requests for approval, any substitute Helm requests and verifying and tracking Crew lists for the event as specified in the Class Rules.
8) The ED is expected to assist the President and the Board in performing their roles with respect to Class governance as outlined in the Class Constitution. This includes scheduling meetings, maintaining the current Rules and Constitution, attending Class meetings and being called upon to report to the Class per the items 1-7 above.
9) The ED is expected to coordinate/communicate with World Sailing when the IC37 is an International class. This will include interfacing with WS on rule changes and WS requirements of the Class. The Ed may be required to attend the WS Annual meeting.
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.