Member Experience Representative
1 Roger Williams University Way
Bristol, RI 02809
Charitable / Not for Profit
Application Closing Date
Security Clearance Required
In support of US Sailing’s mission to grow and strengthen the sport of sailing, the Member Experience Representative, working as a member of a team, will be responsible for ensuring that US Sailing delivers
first-class customer service to its members and potential members through a solid understanding of the range of programs and services offered.
A successful representative will work well independently and as part of a team. They will be a detail-oriented customer service professional possessing excellent communication, organization and problem-solving skills to ensure an effortless experience for members. The position is a crucial support member of the organization and will have an opportunity to make an immediate impact on the service we provide our customers. This is a role that will require developing a broad knowledge of US Sailing, and having an ability to develop answers to members’ questions and concerns by accessing expertise within the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide first-class customer service to US Sailing constituents by telephone, electronically or face-to-face responding promptly to inquiries, handling and resolving complaints and following up on interactions.
• Collaborate across all departments to provide access and information on US Sailing’s diverse portfolio of programs, products and services utilizing US Sailing’s website, social media, events, personal contacts, in-house staff and field representatives/volunteers.
• Identify and implement technological advancements in customer service.
• Ensure that information in the customer database is current for both existing and potential members and work with members of the IT department to troubleshoot and improve membership database.
• Communicate membership offers to existing and potential members to assist in the growth of new members.
• Maintain records of customer interactions (inquiries, comments and complaints) and prepares customer service activity reports.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Represents US Sailing at events to promote the mission and the value of membership.
• Assist with creation and execution of marketing campaigns to increase membership.
• Work with our communications team to identify and develop engaging and relevant content for marketing communications including social media, websites, e-newsletters, and online communities.
• Support all aspects of the planning and execution of Association events and tradeshows.
• College degree preferred.
• 1+ years experience working with a database.
• Must be self-motivated while thriving in a team setting.
• Possess a commitment to and experience in providing first-class customer service.
• Possess strong written and oral communications skills, specifically writing letters/emails, comfortable speaking on the telephone.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Work PowerPoint), standard web content management systems and database applications.
• Must be detail and process oriented.
• Must have prior knowledge of the sailing industry.
• Possess strong problem solving skills and follow through on projects and tasks.
Employer Contact Information
1 Roger Williams University Way