Bristol, RI 02809
Sales - Marketing
Security Clearance Required
At US Sailing, our mission is to increase sailing participation and excellence through education, competition and equal opportunity, while upholding the principles of fair play, sportsmanship and safety.
Sailing has become a rapidly growing sport in the US, driven by innovations in access and education, and inspired by American success in international competition. The diverse sailing community is aligned around common goals for the sport. Sailing has been embraced by the public as being inspiring, inclusive and accessible.
The Membership Manager has a leadership role that oversees all Individual and Organizational membership activities including acquisition, retention, service, and communication. US Sailing strives to build new and lasting relationships through providing members value and cultivating strong relationships with yacht clubs, sailing clubs, community sailing centers, and other local sailing organizations.
The position requires a commitment to build a model that fulfills the need to build new relationships and provide a first-class member experience, the ability to promote US Sailing’s programs and services, and keep multiple projects and stakeholders on track for the duration of each project.
Position Description and Responsibilities:
• Continuously prospect, qualify and grow membership
• Create new membership growth strategies and leverage existing initiatives
• Identify outside organizations and stakeholders to partner with for membership growth
• Leverage communication channels and collateral to communicate with members via phone, email, in person and other forms of communication
• Collaborate effectively across departments and the organization to promote and communicate about US Sailing’s broad array of services, programs and products
Member Experience & Retention
• Test ways to grow market share and target new members
• Identify strategies to enhance the member/ customer experience and increase retention rates
• Track campaign results and member platforms to drive business results and member engagement
• Develop and optimize the member lifecycle communications
• Optimize the membership sign-up process and increase completion rates
• Incentivize behavior and communicate opportunities to customers to increase the long-term membership value
• Establish regular communications and conduct outreach trips to regions across the country to address regional needs and promote networking.
• Oversee and managing regional programs that encourage cross club collaboration.
• Work with Marketing Department to identify and determine content for regular communications to leadership of member organizations
• Facilitate communication between organizations seeking resources from each other
• Represent US Sailing and speak on behalf of US Sailing at events when needed
• Develop membership goals and success metrics along with tracking system for membership projects and activities
• Create and manage a budget/P&L for acquiring and retaining members
• Work on member data analysis and reporting
• Prepare monthly membership summary
• Work on membership process improvement projects
Skills & Requirements
• Self-motivated while thriving in a team setting
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), standard web content management systems, database applications and email platforms such as MailChimp
• Proficient with digital media platforms, social media strategies and WordPress
• Demonstrated background leveraging member insights and segmenting to acquire new customers
• Highly organized with precise attention to detail
• Knowledge of the sailing industry and experience in US Sailing programming (training, race administration, safety at sea) is a plus
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• Minimum of five years working in a membership or fundraising role where growth was a priority
• Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities and projects independently
• Budget Management
• Ability to provide strategic approach to solving problems and be solution oriented
• Travel as required
• Ability to be an influencer and give presentations when needed