Kollegewidgwok Yacht Club’s education affiliate KSEA is looking to hire a “Administrative Manager/Program Director for the 2019 summer season.
Established in 1920, Kollegewidgwok Yacht Club is located in the beautiful town of Blue Hill, Maine less than an hour’s drive from Acadia National Park. Web site: www.kycbluehill.com
The main focus of the club has always been “Sailing” both racing and teaching. The Kollewidgwok Sailing Education Association (KSEA) program offers a well-established junior program, summer sailing camps and adult learn-to-sail programs. The Program fleet consists of 20 Optimists and 12 420s, 1 Bulls Eye (a second one may be on the way), and 6 Coach Boats.
KYC and KSEA are looking for a roll-up-your sleeves team member to support the smooth operation of the club and its junior sailing program during the summer season. This person will work closely with the KYC Commodore, KSEA Chair & KYC Club Manager to facilitate online & in-person communications with members & KSEA participants, coordinate club events, oversee office administration and maintain a safe & clean environment. He/she reports to the Club Manager.
• Full-time (40 hours/week) during the summer while KYC is open (June-August) with the potential to become a year-around position.
• Demonstrated ability, desire, and sailing/instructing qualifications could lead to additional off-season job opportunities.
• Housing arrangements can be made as needed.
• Work with Head Instructor to manage the KSEA teaching staff, review and update curriculum as needed.
• Function as the KSEA Registrar, responsible for all class registrations including all communication with parents.
• Operate the Ship’s Store to include opening, closing & tiding-up; facilitate sales, manage cash.
• Ensure that phones, Wi-Fi & computers are all in working order; oversee technology passwords, updates & repairs
• Maintain an organized digital & physical filing system
• Assist the KYC Club Manager as needed.
Communications & Marketing
• Maintain and update the KYC & KSEA calendars, including special events, awards and regattas
• Manage the KYC & KSEA contact lists; update to reflect changes with club members & sailing program participants
• Prepare & post regular KYC & KSEA newsletters throughout the year; newsletters include occasional off-season updates & weekly emails during the summer months. Support “The Waterline” newsletter volunteer as needed for publication.
• Respond to KYC & KSEA-related phone calls, voicemails and emails; forward as needed
• Be available to answer questions from the KYC Membership, KSEA parents, students, staff and KYC & KSEA Board members
• Post announcements & reminders of upcoming events, class registrations, etc.
• Ensure that the KYC website remains current with event information, race results & club/sailing program announcements. Race results are to be posted immediately following the race.
• Ensure that the KYC bulletin board remains current with event information, race results & club/sailing program announcements. Race results are to be posted immediately following the race.
Events/Volunteer Management & Coordination
• Manage online and call-in reservations for club dinners & events
• Support and work closely with KYC House Committee & Fleet Captains to organize race teas
• Support and work closely with KSEA Volunteer Committee to organize sailing program race teas & potlucks
• Attend ‘After-Hour’ events as needed
Safety and Risk Management
• Work closely with the KYC Safety Committee to ensure that all staff members thoroughly understand the KYC/KSEA emergency response plan; regularly update master list of all emergency contact information and response procedures
• Maintain first aid boxes; ensure that they are available & accessible
• Ensure that the KYC Clubhouse & KSEA shack are clean and safe; be a watchful presence at the club during summer season
• Excellent organizational and program management skills
• Strong communication skills; exhibits a professional and approachable demeanor
• Ability to multi-task; comfortable managing multiple projects/responsibilities simultaneously
• Previous experience with team management
• Proficiency in basic computer and internet skills
• Small boat racing/coaching experience. US Sailing Level 2 or 3 certification highly desirable
Employer Contact Information
Kollegewidgwok Sailing Education Association
44 KYC Lane