The Lake Minnetonka Sailing School (LMSS) is seeking a full-time Race Team Director. This position will report to the Executive Director and they will collaboratively lead the Sailing School, events, programs, race teams and regattas.
The Race Team Director will be involved in all aspects of the sailing school and will have a spirit of continuous improvement and growth. This will include classroom curriculum, coaching high school sailing teams, and setting the groundwork for a year-round race team.
The Director Responsibilities:
• Design, implement and grow all sailing programs
• Increase overall quality and skill level for all coaches and instructors
• Provide oversight and development of sailing curriculum
• Junior Race Team and High School Race Team Head Coach
o Travel to regattas as a coach
o Assist Executive Director with hiring Race Team staff members, clinic coaches,
and communication to athletes and parents
• Support LMSS staff to meet current safety standards
• Assist in overall fleet maintenance
• Exceptional leadership and coaching skills, with the proven ability to foster a sense of
unity, trust, support, and collaboration among multiple stakeholders. Strong
communication, organizational, mentoring, team-building, and interpersonal skills.
• Personal qualities that include mature decision making, humility, flexibility, integrity, and
a genuine love for sailing.
• Minimum US SAILING Level 1 certification, Level 2 or 3 preferred.
Competitive wages and benefits included
Employer Contact Information
Lake Minnetonka Sailing School
19802 Minnetonka Blvd