Chicago Yacht Club
300 West Belmont ave
Chicago, IL 60657
The Regatta Manager coordinates the efforts of multiple committees in order to execute regattas and events on behalf of the Chicago Yacht Club. Primary responsibilities include cultivating and executing events, assisting competitors in the proper completion of race registration and facilitating creation of race documents. The Regatta Manager functions as the volunteer coordinator and secretary for the Race Committee and is a critical link to assisting competitors with registration for Chicago Yacht Club’s Race to Mackinac, Verve Cup, Match Race and National/World Championships as well as Safety Seminars and on-the-water training sessions. The Manager is the primary contact for the CYC Race Committee and Mac Chair.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
● The Regatta Manager is responsible for communicating, via email, phone and US mail to competitors and volunteers associated in the Chicago YC Race to Mackinac, training, social events and all other Race Committee oriented events.
● Maintain constant flow of communication with Steering committee and Race Committee.
● Maintain RC volunteer website, race related items on CYC Racing website and Mac race website.
● Maintain links for notices, entries and sailing instructions, forms and other regatta documents for all racing events.
● Assist in Regatta promotions and end of event press releases.
● Maintain fleet mailing lists.
● Provide support and strategic guidance, and execution with Sponsorship Committee as it related to CYC regatta.
● Produce a bi monthly RC newsletter.
● Management of onshore activities during event, communication with On the Water Director, Race Committee boats and Clubhouse during regatta activities.
● Manage and assist large volunteer base, assist in planning and preparation for the events and regattas.
● Coordinate Race Committee personnel and movement of equipment and ensure RC boats are prepped for regattas and events.
● Assist volunteers in ordering trophies and Regatta giveaways.
● Assist On the Water director with budgets, scheduling and planning.
● Prepare and submit, registration payments and reconciliation of all regatta registrations. This is done AFTER registration has concluded.
● Reconcile all volunteer expense reports (judges, umpires and race officials) send to Finance for payment.
● Supervise assigned staff in completion of above duties
● Coordinate multi-level Events from initiation to execution as assigned
● Other duties as requested by On the Water Director and RC Chair
● Reports to: On the Water Director
Enthusiastic, self-motivated individual with good teamwork skills, and work ethic. Strong interpersonal and administration skills. Ability to multi-task in high pressure situations. Bachelor’s Degree required, Business or Hospitality preferred. Must be proficient in Google docs, Excel and website programing, social media skills a plus.
Good working knowledge of sailboat racing and terminology. Flex work schedule as most events fall on weeknight evenings and weekends
● Experience with Sailboat racing at a local, national or International level
● Versed in Fleet, Team and Match Racing Disciplines
● Familiar with both dinghy and keelboat sailing
● Understanding of Race Committee work, from Sailing Instructions to starting sequences
● Knowledge of Yacht Scoring(™), Regatta Network,, Regatta Toolbox and other scoring programs.
● Familiarity with Google Docs, spreadsheets, budgets
● Understanding of Club Essentials(™) or other website construction software
Employer Contact Information
400 East Monroe St