Sailing Coach and Small Program Administrator
2600 CAMINO RAMON, SUITE 201
SAN RAMON, CA 94583
Security Clearance Required
From $22.00 To $28.00
Bishop Ranch is an office park in San Ramon, California. We have a ten acre lake that would be suitable for a learn to sail program. The location is 45 minutes from the bay, so it is a great place to get kids or adults interested in sailing before they make the jump to Alameda or Berkley. This opportunity is to build the program from the ground up. We have funding to make it happen, but need someone to do the heavy lifting to get things started and run the program. It may require additional instructors, particularly in summer. We are thinking about six optimist style boats initially and a crash boat, but all of that is up for discussion. Thank you!
1. Hold a current US Sailing Level 1 Small Boat Instructor certification at a minimum.
2. Current Red Cross and CPR certification.
3. Must have a passion for sailing, the environment and working with kids.
4. Must have a positive, enthusiastic and flexible attitude.
5. Must possess strong problem solving skills and an ability to adapt to changing program needs
depending on weather, number of students, number of boats, etc.
6. Must understand business basics to be able to create a budget, build and operate the program within that budget and understand how to market the program to get interest.
Employer Contact Information