The Junior Sailing Coach will be responsible for:
- Leading full day trainings with engaging water and land drills
- Initiating purposeful team bonding activities
- Traveling with the team to races throughout the Northeast (if applicable)
- Enforcing and following safety precautions
- Caring for and cleaning your coach chase boat
- Assisting your racers with dinghy boat maintenance and rigging
- Participating in the awards banquet
- Collaborating with the yacht club managers and other sailing coaches
- Modeling professionalism and the Corinthian spirit
US Sailing Member
US Sailing Level I or II Certified Instructor
All certifications must be active and current during the contracted months. PYC can provide some reimbursement for courses. International coaches must hold the foreign equivalent.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to Emily Egan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Housing provided for non-resident coaches in downtown Portland apartments.
Employer Contact Information
Portland Yacht Club
40 Old Powerhouse Road