Southold, NY 11971
Application Closing Date
The Southold Yacht Club (SYC) is a small, family-oriented club located on the
North Fork of Eastern Long Island. SYC’s Junior Sailing Program (JSP) is one of the
most comprehensive programs in the region and offers 8 weeks of instruction to
over 100 students ages 6 through 18.
SYC is seeking a Sailing School Director to manage and lead the JSP.
The Sailing School Director position is full-time (Monday-Friday), on site for the
duration of the JSP.
● managing and developing a staff of approximately 15 instructors (ages 15
● overseeing preseason boat and program preparation,
● overseeing the day-to-day maintenance of SYCs sailboat and safety boat
● ensuring that the highest safety standards are met on and off the water
● preparing and reviewing mid-term staff evaluations,
● addressing student and parent concerns relating to the JSP, and
● communicating regularly with the SYC Sailing School Committee chairmen.
Pay is a competitive base salary commensurate with experience.
● US Sailing Level 1, 2 or 3 preferred (including current US Sailing
● Demonstrated maturity and responsibility
● Strong interpersonal skills
● Prior experience working with children and parents in a sailing program,
camp or school setting
● Extensive sailing and powerboat experience
● Current CPR/First Aid certification
Please provide resume by January 31, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org
All submissions will be acknowledged.