Boothbay Sea and Science Center
216 Ocean Point Road
East Boothbay, ME 04544
Application Closing Date
Security Clearance Required
From $4,000 To $6,500
BSSC is looking for Sailing Instructors who have experience working with youth, a demonstrated proficiency in sailing, and a work ethic and teaching style that engenders safety and learning while having fun. Self-motivation, a strong sense of responsibility to others, willingness to be a team player as well as proven skills working with youth and of all ages is expected. In cooperation with the Executive Director, the Sailing Instructors are responsible for assisting the implementation of an integrated sea and science program that embraces hands-on experiential learning activities through boating, sailing and the marine sciences. Sailing instructors spend long days planning and teaching in a unique environment that takes advantage of the vast resources that the Boothbay Region has to offer. An interest in the Marine Sciences is highly desirable.
FOR FULL Job description and General Duties and Responsibilities see:
• Age 18 at the start of the summer program
• Level 1 US Sailing Certification (required prior to the start of employment)
• SafeSport Certification (required prior to the start of employment: www.ussailing.org)
• National Association of State Boating Law Administrators approved "boat safety course" (required
prior to the start of employment: www.boatus.org/maine/)
• Current CPR, First Aid and AED Certification (required for employment)*
Highly Desirable Qualifications:
• American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification
• USCG License
* BSSC will reimburse half (50%) of the Certification Fees (if applicable and only upon successful completion of the course). Housing available - details provided upon request.
Application For Employment: www.boothbayseaandsciencecenter.org/employment-2/
Please send a resume, 3 references and the BSSC Application for Employment to: Pauline Dion; email@example.com
Preference will be given to applications received by December 3rd, 2018. Positions open until filled.
Employer Contact Information
P.O. Box 332
The mission of this organization is the advancement of sailing, boating and ocean sciences by minimizing economic and physical obstacles and further to develop independence, self-confidence, teamwork and volunteerism in the participants. To inspire individuals to strengthen themselves and their community through the enjoyment of the sea.
To provide a community sailing and science education center that offers affordable access to waterfront activities for Maine and summering youth through sailing programs and experiential learning activities not provided by other regional organizations.