The OCC School of Sailing & Seamanship located on Newport Harbor in Newport Beach, CA is looking for experienced sailing instructors. Join our dedicated staff in providing outstanding sailing instruction to adult students in our community boating classes. Provide instruction to students working towards a US Sailing Certification and other non-certification courses. We have multiple part time opportunities available offering non-traditional and flexible work schedules.
• Preference is given to sailors holding a USCG License (OUPV or Masters), US Sailing Keelboat and/or Cruising Instructor Certification, and individuals with extensive sailing and teaching experience
• Experienced boater comfortable in most conditions
• Ability to build relationships with students and staff, and provide outstanding customer service.
• Reliable with a positive and enthusiastic attitude
• Ability to provide classroom and water-based instruction to beginning through advanced sailing students.
• Ability to manage groups of 6 to 20 adults on the water, perform boat rescues/tows and provide on-the-water instruction from a 15' whaler.
• Ensure safety and supervision of on the water activities
• Organized and punctual management of rosters, logs and student paperwork.
• Ability to work weekends.
• Pre-employment drug testing required for USCG license holders.
• Excellent pay, respectful work environment.
Employer Contact Information
OCC School of Sailing & Seamanship
1801 W. Coast Hwy.
The OCC School of Sailing & Semanship is a large non-profit public boating education facility located on Newport Harbor in Newport Beach, CA. Students ages 6 to 106 can participate in a wide-variety of nautical learning experiences in the classroom and on the water including Beginning Sailing, US SAILING Keelboat Certification Courses, USCG Licensing Course, Powerboat Training, Coastal Navigation and much more. Our fleet consists of Lido 14 dinghies, 30' Shields, Harbor 20 keelboats, a Catalina 42 and several powerboats.