Sailing Instructors Needed, Day and Evening
Collingswood, NJ, NJ 08108
Security Clearance Required
Come Work at Cooper River Yacht Club in South Jersey. Conveniently located near Philadelphia, we sail on a protected small lake in Cooper River Park. We are seeking a Sailing Instructors for full and half day Youth sailing classes, and our evening Adult Learn-to-Sail program. Hours can be part time or full time between 6-40 hours per week depending on your availability and demand.
Job Description :
The successful candidate will spend most of their time performing on the water sailing instruction. We have introductory and advanced youth classes taught in Optis and occasionally Lasers in both full and partial day formats. Additionally there are openings for evening Adult classes taught in Precision 15 and Hunter dinghies.
1. Reports to Sailing Director
2. Maintains a safe waterfront environment for members and students. Enforces safety policy as needed.
2. Provides leadership and positive role model for students enrolled in CRYC program.
3. Focuses on fun and proactive on the water instruction, always teaching and helping students
4. Responsible for care of training fleet, report or repair breakages to Yacht Club or Sailing Director
• Current First Aid and CPR certifications
• Strong demonstrated understanding of sailing and power boating
• Prior instructional experience highly desirable
• US Sailing Small Boat Sailing Instructor Level 1 Certification
• NJ Safe Boating Certificate or License (or home state if out of state resident)
A background check will be performed for all instructional staff.