Sailing Program Director-Seasonal
2200 Tanglewood Drive
Glenview, IL 60025
Application Closing Date
From $16 To $22
I. Position: Sailing Director
Classification: Seasonal (Memorial Day-Labor Day)
II. Job Summary (Essential Functions)
To further the mission of the club through the planning and delivery of sailing activities at the club’s waterfront that are safe, fun, and appropriate to the member’s age and abilities. Provide management to the physical operation of the aquatic facilities and equipment.
III. Job Tasks (Additional Responsibilities)
1. Plan, direct, and supervise a safe and fun sailing program
2. Create lesson plans appropriate for all ages to be used for JSC (Junior Sports Club) Day Camp and private lessons.
3. Supervise JSC Sailing staff of 3-4 people
4. Manage the physical facilities and equipment of the sailing program and waterfront in general.
• Maintain cleanliness daily in all areas.
• Set up boats prior to Memorial Day weekend.
• Teach and monitor proper use of equipment.
• Conduct initial and end-of-season inventory, and store equipment for safety.
• Check equipment, and make (or file for) repairs.
• Conduct a daily check of equipment for safety, cleanliness, and good repair.
• Survey waterfront area (including playground) daily, and keep the area free of hazards and debris.
5. Typical Schedule – this is the ideal schedule but may vary due to private lesson requests.
• Memorial Day – Mid-June, Tuesday - Sunday: 10:00am – 6:00pm
• Staff Training week (June 11-14): Monday – Friday 8:00am – 3:00pm. Available for private lessons from 3:00pm – 5:00pm
• JSC Day Camp– 7 weeks , June 18-August 2: Tuesday – Friday: 7:45am – 2:00pm
• JSC after camp lessons, be on site for private lessons from 2:00pm – 4:00pm
• Post camp, ie., August 2–Labor Day: Tuesday – Sunday 10:00am – 6:00pm
6. Assist in the boathouse with waterfront operations when not scheduled for private lessons or camp.
• Distribute swim bands
• Assist members with lifejackets and boating needs.
• Helps members in and out of boats.
• Clean boathouse, boats, and waterfront as needed.
7. Assist other areas of club operation as needed.
IV. Reports to
V. Physical Demands and Work Environment
1. Must often work in a warm and humid or cool and breezy outdoor environment.
2. Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
3. Ability to bend, stretch, twist or reach, walk, stand, balance and/or crouch.
4. Push, pull or lift 75 pounds.
5. Able to meet and preform the physical requirements and to work effectively in an environment typical of this position.
6. Physical exertion over long periods of time.
VI. Application Process
1. Hiring Manager Contact: Tanya Rahn, Recreations Director, 847-729-5550, email@example.com
1. Must be over 21.
2. Certified by nationally recognized organization in sailing or small craft safety (US Sailing Level 1 etc)
3. Lifeguard, First Aid, and CPR certification preferred (can certify here)
4. Some previous supervisory experience is required
Employer Contact Information
2200 Tanglewood Drive
Valley Lo Club is a private club with a 30-year history of making memories for members and guests. Set on a beautiful 28 acre lake, Valley Lo caters to everyone in the family.
Membership at Valley Lo means having a vacation home right in your own back yard! Enjoy a variety of sports and fitness pursuits year-round, dining and a social events each month.
Feature Attraction - Valley Lo's very own award winning Junior Sports Club is a place to explore a wide variety of sports & fitness activities, build friendships, create camaraderie, enhance existing skills and build new skills. This is a camp experience unlike any other on the North Shore.