West Coast Sailing
709 N COLUMBIA BLVD PORTLAND
PORTLAND, OR 97217
Security Clearance Required
West Coast Sailing’s mission is to help our customers enjoy their free time. Using knowledge, passion, and experience, we take pride in providing outstanding service and representing great products.
The Sales Manager position is a new one here and this person will have the primary responsibility of achieving sales goals. This role is both actively managing the entire sales team, as well as personally engaging in selling to customers. This is a position with the latitude needed to modify or build a new system from the ground up to grow sales of multiple product categories on a variety of sales channels.
We are seeking an extremely driven person to own this new role. They should have previous sales management experience and the ability to lead a great team selling recreational products to our passionate customers. A final aspect of this job will be working with our marketing and inventory teams to develop forecasts and operational procedures to ensure our customer experience is second to none.
• Organize the business’ sales campaigns, from planning to execution
• Perform inside sales via email, phone, and in our showroom
• Manage and coach sales staff
• Report goal and performance metrics to staff and management
• Boat Sales (approximately 3 days a week)
o Sailboats: West Coast Sailing
o Kayaks: West Coast Sailing & American Kayak Supply
o Primarily via: Email, Phone, E-commerce, In Store, Outside Sales, Institutions & Wholesale
• Parts & Accessory Sales (approximately 2 days a week)
o Boat Parts, Accessories, Apparel, Line, Hardware and more
o Primarily via: Institutions, E-commerce, In store, Events
Measures of Success:
• Achieve company sales goals (monthly, quarterly and annually)
• Meet profit margin targets
• Operate within established expense budget
• Sales experience is required; sales team management experience is strongly preferred
• Sailing and kayaking knowledge is certainly preferable, but we’ll train the right candidate
• Excellent written communication skills and proficiency with business software is necessary
• Ability to lift 50 pounds and use hand and power tools. This position will occasionally require light to moderate physical labor in our warehouse to assist in boat preparation and loading/unloading of boats.
• Strong desire to build and lead a successful team
Employer Contact Information
West Coast Sailing
709 N COLUMBIA BLVD