Summer Sailing Instructors
TREASURE ISLAND SAILING CENTER
698 California Ave., Bldg 112
San Francisco, CA 94130
Treasure Island Sailing Center is a non-profit community sailing center and is seeking enthusiastic, hard-working, and passionate instructors for our 2019 Sailing Season. Instructors should be interested in working with juniors of varying skill levels and backgrounds.
Youth Dinghy Instructors
• Work as a team player to develop junior sailors and help them achieve their goals
• Act as a role model at all times, providing a safe environment to sailors on and off the water
• Prepare daily lesson plans that are organized, effective yet fun, and aimed at improvement
• Teach juniors how to maintain and care for their equipment
• Applicants must have a minimum of US Sailing Level 1 or equivalent, Safe Powerboat Handling, and current CPR/First Aid training.
• Sailing and Coaching experience with one or more for the following: Optimists, Club FJ’s, Laser, RS Ventures, Bugs
Other desired qualifications include:
• Excellent communication skills, strong work ethic, passion for youth sailing and development, professional, patient, team player.
• Maintains a high level of awareness and safety in regards to weather, class management, motorboats, personal discipline and conduct.
• Keelboat experience is a plus but not required
Full-Time: The position is full-time with responsibilities Monday to Friday from June 3rd to August 23rd, 2019.
Courses: Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced. Also opportunities to coach Racing in Opti and/or FJ fleet(s) on weekends.
Boat Use: Equal to amount of days worked. Use of sailboat fleet upon check out and availability. Unlimited use of kayaks and paddleboards based on availability.
Pay: Qualified applicants typically start at $18/hr., but pay is commensurate with experience.
Employer Contact Information