The Youth Racing Event Manager is responsible for the planning, preparation, and execution of US Sailing’s youth racing events, including regattas, clinics, and training camps. This includes the management of the Youth and Junior National Championships and USA Junior Olympic Sailing Festivals, as well as the administrative management of the Olympic Development Program (ODP). The manager will work jointly within the Olympic and Youth Departments, under the leadership of the Olympic Development Director and the Youth Director.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter via the link on https://www.ussailing.org/about/our-people/careers/
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
• Event Management: Coordinate the planning and execution of events such as regattas, training camps, clinics, and other youth racing events.
• Communication: Clear, timely, and comprehensive communication with participants and supporters.
• Teamwork: Work closely with staff and volunteer leadership to ensure the success of each program and event, including Championship Committees’ members and Chairs, Event Chairs, host clubs, and US Sailing staff.
• Customer Service: Provide a positive, constructive US Sailing experience to all athletes, parents, volunteers, professionals, organizations, and other sailing community members.
• Organization: Maintain detailed records and establish efficient workflows.
• Race Management: Familiarity with sailing race management, including the support of host venues, Regatta Chairs, Race Officers, Judges and other regatta personnel.