The Program Director will work with the community to facilitate our mission and be responsible for all programs. He/she will be required to supervise all program staff throughout and should have strong sailing and teaching experience. The ideal candidate is organized, professional, works well with both sailors and sailing parents, coaches, is team oriented, self-motivated, an adaptable. This position requires balancing off the water and on -water responsibilities and properly manages the daily operations.
JOB TASKS (DUTIES):
• Program Development and Management
o Manage and schedule all programs at the HYC
o Communicate with members and staff throughout the season to ensure quality experiences.
o Instruct and fill in for seasonal staff as necessary.
• Specific Program Responsibilities
o Manage and schedule all Watersports Programs.
o Coordinate, develop, schedule and implement all programs.
o Oversee the High School Sailing Program, when on property.
• Staff Management and Supervision
o Coordinate hiring and training of all 35 + seasonal staff.
o Responsible for the scheduling and management of all seasonal employees.
o Work with instructional staff throughout the season on personal improvement plans.
o Manage Junior Instructors: training, scheduling, and advising.
o Work closely with the Steward to execute programs and assist with club resources.
• Day-to-Day Operations
o Schedule all private lessons
o Assist all staff with daily operations of the sailing/swim center
o Answer programming calls/questions
o Get out on the water throughout week to observe and assist staff, especially during heavy program weeks/foul weather to be on-hand for docking, end of the day wrap-up, etc.
o Inspire staff once a day with enthusiasm and excitement.
• Safety and Risk Management
o Ensure safe working and learning environment
o Receive and process all accident and injury reports
o Work with other management to fulfill mission of organization
o Reporting on various aspects of the organization.
o Additional duties as needed - marketing efforts, fundraising and outreach, etc.
1. Must have two to four years as Program Director or Head Sailing Instructor for a comprehensive sailing program
2. Previous experience with staff management
3. Experience in Race Committee work including but not limited to: RC boat, course management, scoring, protests/judging, etc.
4. Be capable of general boat maintenance.
5. Competent in driving a powerboat
6. Have current First Aid/CPR certification
7. Level 1 US Sailing Small Boat Instructor Certification, preferably Level 2.
8. Excellent organizational and communication skills
9. Proficiency in basic computer applications, Internet use, etc.
10. Ability to work efficiently, independently and reliably
11. Exhibit a mature, professional demeanor
12. Customer focused and detail oriented
13. Ability to manage multiple challenges at the same time
14. Willing to be Cori back ground check
Employer Contact Information
Hyannis Yacht Club
490 Ocean Street