Designed by Alan Andrews and built by Dennis Choate in Long Beach, the Andrews 56 is a highly regarded blue water racer/cruiser that has performed admirably in the TransPac and other west coast offshore races, yet she is very commodious and comfortable. Nothing spartan about her! Great for live aboards and local getaways in all seasons.
Whether you plan to cruise the world or explore on weekends on this boat, or are a couple or a family, you are sure to find sailing and living aboard Encore a wonderful experience. This boat offers many amenities at a very affordable price. A large comfortable cockpit, with plenty of room for 1 or 2 crew to stretch out or, 8-10 crew to race. The open transom is a wonderful platform for scuba diving, snorkeling and/or swimming. The decks are wide and uncluttered making them easy to navigate when moving forward and aft. All lines lead to the cockpit enabling crew to safely sail the boat.
The interior accommodations offer great living, and sleeping areas with ample storage throughout. She is light and open. Very nicely thought out for owner comfort and privacy, yet plenty of sleeping area for friends and family - with privacy for all. Her well outfitted galley and salon make for a fantastic entertainment environment. If you've ever thought about serious distance making or doing the Great Loop, Encore has all the comm's, nav., tankage and storage, you need. If you aspire to leave your daily grind and find real adventure, the Andrews 56 Encore is for you!.
Hull and Deck
Construction is balsa core and divinycell foam, nonskid decks. Mast and boom LPU white.
Recess in foredeck houses Harken roller furler and Maxwell electric anchor windlass. S/S pulpits and stanchions with white vinyl covered wire lifelines. Gates on port and starboard as well as transom. Hot and cold cockpit shower; cockpit speakers: port and starboard cockpit lockers in seat and transom; Propane storage lockers (2) in starboard deck. S/S bow roller, 44lb Rocha Anchor with 60ft of chain and 200ft rode; 33lb Fortress anchor with chain and rode; Maxwell windlass with Up /Down foot switches and cockpit remote.
- Lewmar Winches
- 1 #44 ST
- 1 #44 ST Electric (Halyard)
- 2 #48 ST
- 2 #54 ST Electric
- 2 # 65 three speed
Spars and Rigging
- Omohundro carbon fiber spar with 4 spreaders
- Omohundro Carbon fiber Boom
- OmohundroCarbon fiber tapered spinnaker pole
- Navtec discontinuous rod rigging
- Recessed Harken Roller furling system
- Harken recessed traveler in cockpit; Harken blocks
- 4 Harken headsail tracks with aft adjustable car system
- Amsteel running backstays with check stays
- Hydraulic backstay and boom vang
- 8 x Lewmar winches, 3 are powered
- All halyards and reef lines led to cockpit
- Rod rigging reheaded in 2015
- 8 x 6v AGM house batteries plus 1 x 12v AGM engine battery with perko switches
- Heart link battery tender
- High output alternator with Lewco alternator charge control
- 150 watt solar panel with controller
- 120v wiring
- Breaker panel
- 6 gallon water heater under aft berth, shore or engine powered
- Fresh water pressure system
- Marine air system in aft cabin
- Standard marine head aft
- Air Head composting toilet in forward head
- Shakewell seacocks with spares
One centerline queen size bed and with single pilot berth to starboard. Seat with pull out writing table. Teak drawers, cabinets, bureaus and shelves. Owner’s aft head is adjacent with separate stall shower. Marine Air reverse cycle Heat / Cool unit with control panel. Two hanging lockers (one port one starboard).
Moving forward, there is a large Nav station to port, and large L shaped galley to starboard. The main salon has a full-length settee to port with teak cabinets above housing and storage cabinets. To starboard is a U shaped dinette with pilot berth behind.
Next forward there is a guest stateroom with upper and lower bunks to port. To starboard is a seat, hanging locker and a head with shower.
Next forward there is a full size V berth (with cushions and supports than can easily be removed).
- Galley features double stainless steel sinks with custom monolever faucets
- Hot and cold pressure water system
- Manual foot pump for fresh and salt water at galley sink
- Engine driven cold plate refrigeration system with separate refrigerator and freezer boxes
- 12 volt Isotherm refrigeration system installed in refrigerator and freezer boxes individually controlled with dual temperature gauges
- Three burner Force 10 stove with oven and broiler
- Cabinets and storage behind counters
- B&G Hydra System Instruments with updated Triton displays in cockpit.
- B&G performance processor
- B&G Depth sounder
- B&G speed and distance
- B&G wind speed and direction
- B&G autopilot with remote control
- B&G Zeus touch 12 chart plotter with radar.
- B&G Vulcan 7 char plotter
- Garmin 4G Radar
- 2 x handheld GPS units
- Icom Single Side Band
- Icom VHF radio
- 2 x handheld VHF radios
- 120 tuner insulated backstay
- Iridium Go satellite system
- Masthead VHF antenna
- UK dacron #4
- North Kevlar #3
- Quantum Kevlar #2
- UK Kevlar #1
- Ulman 30/20 nylon Reaching Symmetrical Spinnaker 1991 very well used
- UK Symmetrical Spinnaker 3/4oz nylon well used possible 1995
- Quantum Contender .9oz Asymmetrical Spinnaker very good condition
- UK Airx 600 nylon Symmetrical Light Air Spinnaker very good condition little use
- Dodger and Bimini
- Life jackets
- MOB pole and strobe with horseshoe
- Auto Screamer MOB Alarm
- Flares, horn and bell
- 2 x EPIRBs.
- Emergency rudder system with tiller
- 2 x manual bilge pumps - cockpit and engine compartment
- 2 x 12v high capacity electrical bilge pumps - forward and engine compartment
- West Marine hard bottomed RIB with cover.
- 15 HP Mercury outboard with fuel tank and hoses.
- Revere liferaft
Boat Name: Encore
Designer: Alan Andrews
Boat Hull ID: CFJ05656A494
Has Hull ID: Yes
Keel Type: Fin Keel
Length: 56 ft
Length Overall: 57'5 ft
Waterline Length: 48 ft
Beam: 14'3 ft
Max Draft: 9 ft
Displacement: 23,000 lb
Ballast: 10,000 lb
Engines / Speed
- Make: Yanmar
- Model: 4JH2Turbo
- Fuel: Diesel
- Engine Power: 62hp
- Type: Inboard
- Propeller Type: 2 Blade, Folding
Fuel Tanks: 1
Fuel Tank Capacity: 125 gal
Water Tanks: 1
Water Tank Capacity: 80 gal