"Tres" is the perfect J/105 for short-handed sailing with many first class upgrades. For ease of sailing the primary winches are electric and moved aft to handle both jib and main sheets. All lines are led aft under the custom dodger, Further, there is a full set of B & G instruments with an auto pilot. She has a custom set of North Sails hi-tech Marathon cruising sails. All systems have been well maintained with the 12V system totally upgraded with dual switching batteries. The custom dodger has just been replaced as well. The boat also comes with a very nice new cruising spinnaker.
This is one of the nicest "daysailers" on the market, call today for more information.
Hull and Deck Construction
Hull and Non-skid Awlgrip "Matterhorn" White; Boot stripes "Vivid Red" December of 2009
- Lloyd's approved, aircraft grade AL600 epoxy coated CK57 Baltek end-grained balsa laminate construction using biaxial glass fabrics and SCRIMP molding technology. An Interplastic vinylester resin barrier coat.
- Molded companionway slide-in seahood and Instrument pod.
- ORC size extruded whit toe rails on foredeck.
- Stainless steel rails on cabin trunk.
- GRP molded main structural bulkhead, bonded fore & aft on hull and deck as support for shroud chainplates with single opening to forepeak.
- Solid fiberglass transverse keel support beams.
- Fabricated aluminum mast step with transverse beams fastened to main bulkhead.
- Lead & antimony fixed 6.5' draft, fin keel with bulb bolted to a deep molded stub.
- Off-white Formica low-maintenance bulkheads, and lightweight bin panels with vinyl trim, cold molded teak cap moldings.
- Synthetic Teak and Holly cabin sole 2009
- All new interior cushions: Settees and V-Berth all covered in Cadet Grey Sunbrella with red piping, December '09
- Storage bins outboard of settee berths.
- Forward of the main bulkhead is changing area, hanging locker and Raritan "Head Man" marine head adapted for freshwater flush. Flexible holding tank and "Y" valve and pump.
- Polished stainless galley sink with fresh water foot pump and 5 gal portable water tank with thru-hull drain.
- Origo 2000CB 1-burner non-pressurized Alcohol Stove with cutting board.
- Utensil drawer in galley.
- Chart and utility drawer under the Nav Table.
- Stainless handrails below deck
Spar and Rigging
- Tapered 6061 T6 aluminum, fractional-rig mast with double airfoil spreaders, plus boom in Awlgrip off white.
- Antal slide system on mast 2010
- Below-decks mast ventilation holes.
- Navtec continuous rod rigging and turnbuckles.
- Carbon fiber retractable J/Sprit
- Hall Quick Vang with integral cleating.
- 20/20 Mast Bracket
Engines / Speed
- Make: Yanmar
- Model: 2GM20F
- Drive Type: Direct
- Fuel: Diesel
- Engine Power: 20hp
- Type: Inboard
- Propeller Type: 2 Blade, Bronze, Folding
- Year: 2002
Fuel Tanks: 1
Fuel Tank Capacity: 12 gal
Fuel Tank Material: Aluminum
Water Tanks: 1
Water Tank Capacity: 5 gal
Water Tank Material: Other
Holding Tank Count: 1
Holding Tank Capacity: 12 gal
Holding Tank Material: Plastic