Since its introduction, The J/111 has amassed accolades as a sleek, speedy, one-design 36 footer that is the ultimate day sailing, racing and weekend cruising sailboat. Quick to accelerate, easy to handle, the J/111's open cockpit easily services both short handed and full crew.
Blast is a true beauty with her custom painted black hull, and a weapon on the One Design or Handicap racing circuit. Nicely appointed and well maintained interior adds to the aesthetic of this unique J/111. Well set up for inshore and offshore racing, she has notable factory upgrades such as black powder coated stanchions and rails and the cockpit upgrades to the vang.
With an extensive sail inventory in good condition she lacks for nothing to go racing at a highly competitive level right away. She is turnkey ready for racing with an extra bonus of a pristine, low engine hour (47 hours) Yanmar.
Hull and Deck
- Balsa core/biaxial E-glass vacuum infused hull laminate. Corecell/biaxial E-glass deck laminate. Engineered and built to current ISO and ABS structural standards.
- Custom black hull paint with bootstripe
- Molded companionway slide-in seahood.
- ORC size molded foredeck toe-rails.
- GRP molded main structural bulkhead, bonded fore & aft on hull and deck with single opening to forepeak.
- Fore/aft and transverse keel support beams.
- Composite mast bearing beam with integral plate to secure mast step.
- 46:1 Harken STP Performa self-tailing primary winches
- 40:1 Harken STP Performa self-tailing cabin top winches.
- Two-speed Harken Mainsheet System with 6:1 rough tune purchase to swivel cam base & 24:1 fine tune purchase led to centerline ratchet cam
- 4:1 Harken Traveler System – led port & starboard
- 8:1 Harken Adjustable Jib Lead System.
- Jib in-hauler hardware 8:1 P&S.
- 6:1 Cunningham system.
- Blocks for spinnaker sheet and tack line.
- Bowsprit control system led internally to cockpit mounted cam cleat
- Halyard & tack line rope clutches.
- Custom SS mast collar with pins for halyard blocks and halyard bale.
- Stainless cabin top handrails P&S.
- Tapered lifeline stanchions.
- Double lifelines to meet ORC offshore regulations with 9” lower lifeline height.
- Custom bow pulpit and dual corner stern rails
- Four 8” 4-bolt SS mooring cleats.
- Four SS padeyes for cockpit spinnaker blocks.
- Interior ventilation from two framed opening ports in sides of cabin trunk and offshore style forward skylight deck hatch above V-berth (option for two opening ports on aft cabin face).
- Self-draining foredeck anchor well with drain for bow sprit tube.
- Cockpit operated manual bilge pump
- Two 12"x 20" polypropylene mesh line bags.
- Custom SS stemhead, shroud and backstay chainplates.
Spars and Rigging
- Hall Spars auto-claved carbon fiber mast with double set of tapered aluminum spreaders, backstay crane, flush shroud terminations, 1 main, 2 jib & 2 spinnaker halyard sheaves, vang and boom gooseneck fittings, steaming light, internal wiring conduit, pre-formed mast wedge kit. Mast/boom finished in clearcoat black with contrasting white measurement bands.
- Aluminum Boom with internal outhaul, two mainsheet block bales, vang lug, three sheaves for reef lines and outhaul.
- Discontinuous rod standing rigging package including shrouds and forestay.
- BSI open body shroud turnbuckles.
- Dyneema DSK-78 Backstay.
- Remote hydraulic backstay system mounted within reach of helmsman on front face of wheel pedestal.
- Low-profile Facnor “Flat” headsail furling system with control line aft to port side of cabin trunk
- Carbon fiber, retractable bow sprit with internal bearing system and black painted finish.
- Rigid boom vang with integral cleating
2015 - Ullman:
- Phantom F.P. Carbon Mainsail - low usage
2015 - North:
- 3DL Medium/Heavy Jib - low usage
2011 - North:
- 3DL Mainsail
- 3DL Light/Medium Jib #1
- 3DL Jib #3
- 3DL ORC Legal Jib #4
- Code 0 Norlam TF1 1.7NL w/ NEC low profile furler
- Code1/3A Gennaker Airx 700
- 2A Gennaker Airx 600
- 3A Gennaker
TackTick instrument package with:
- 1 x T110 Display at Nav Station plus T113 Remote.
- 2 x T215 Dual Displays on coach roof
- 3 x T210 Maxi Displays on mast bracket
- Garmin Chartplotter at Helm
- Standard Horizon Matrix VHF w/ Rem Mic in cockpit
- Stereo w/ speakers
Off white low maintenance bulkheads with varnished trim and accents. Teak & holly synthetic high wear cabin sole.
- Molded Engine Box with 1" sound shield
- Navigation Station has full Leg Room, Hinged Top Chart Table and Electrical Panel Outboard
- L shaped Galley has Force 10 2 Burner Stove Top, sink faucet, fresh water foot pump, ice box, with storage cabinets and drawer
- Twin 6' 4" Setee Berths in the Main Cabin with shelf outboard of settee berths and storage behind backrest cushions
- Twin 6' 9" Quarter Berths Aft
- Head compartment with sink, storage in outboard compartment and large hanging locker
- Custom Gray tweed interior Cushions
Plumbing and Electrical
- 13-gallon fuel tank with baffles and inspection/clean out port.
- Marine head with deck pump out, flush through manual pump and 12 gal holding tank.
- Pressure water system with 26-gallon water tank, and spigots in head and galley.
- 90amp deep-cycle AGM battery
- 3 position battery switch
- Electrical panel w/circuit breakers.
- 12V LED Navigation lights to meet COLREGS.
- 2 red/white LED dome lights
- Reading lights
- Automatic bilge pump & panel switch for manual/auto operation.
Factory Options & Additional Equipment
- Composite Wheel
- Black powder-coated stanchions and rails