The J/122 is the perfect marriage of J Boat all-around performance cruising and racing capabilities. A well thought out deck layout makes for easy handling whether day sailing offshore sailing or racing around the buoys. The large wheel and spade rudder make her very responsive. The roomy hand crafted mahogany cruising interior are perfect for family cruising or relaxing entertaining with friends. The 3 cabin 1 head layout provide plenty of room and privacy. There is plenty of storage and 4 opening hatches provide an lots of natural light and an airy feel below.
Basic Boat Info
Boat Name: Day Dream
Make: J Boats
Designer: Rod Johnstone
Keel Type: Fin Keel
Length: 40 ft
Length Overall: 40 ft
Waterline Length: 34'7 ft
Beam: 11'11 ft
Max Draft: 7'3 ft
Displacement: 14,900 lb
Dry Weight: 14,900 lb
Ballast: 5,600 lb
Engines / Speed
- Make: Volvo
- Fuel: Diesel
- Engine Power: 40hp
- Type: Inboard
- Propeller Type: Folding
B&G Zeus Electronics Package w/GPS
• Large double V-berth with top access lockers below.
• Large hanging locker, desk with storage above and below.
• Locker and bookshelf on port side.
• Shelf above berth on port side, bow sprit containment area to starboard
• Access door to main cabin and forward head.
• Integrally molded for easy maintenance, with shower tray, sink with access below to seacocks, toilet roll holder.
• Sink is recessed in synthetic resin colored worktop, with rail for hand towel.
• Retractable faucet/shower with pressurized hot and cold water.
• Electric shower drain pump.
• Large storage area along the hull side with dual hinged & angled mirror doors.
• Recessed access door to main and forward cabins
AFT CABINS (Port & Starboard)
• Large hanging locker.
• Locker with doors, storage below and above.
• Shelf along the hull side.
• Large double berth.
• Access door to engine.
• Option for extra water tank under berth (Starboard cabin).
• Recessed access doors to main cabin.
CHART TABLE (to port)
• Large forward facing chart table.
• Chart and navigation tool storage under table top lid.
• Locker under chart table.
• Top access bookshelf/bin locker outboard.
• Large hinge panels outboard for instruments.
• Navigator’s seat with storage below.
• Large storage locker and shelf aft of nav seat with hinge down access panel on forward face.
• Settee/berths to port and starboard.
• Drop leaf table with integrated rails and bottle storage compartment.
• Large storage lockers behind backrests.
• Water tank and fuel tank under settees.
• Two stainless handrails on overhead.
• Double hull windows on each side.
• Integrated, sliding curtains.
L-SHAPED GALLEY (to starboard)
• Gimbaled LPG gas stove with oven and 2 burners, with s/s protection bar.
• Double s/s sink unit recessed in synthetic resin worktop.
• Pressurized hot and cold water.
• Large 150 liter molded icebox/fridge, with single top access, divider, storage shelf and 12v compressor.
• Two utensil drawers.
• Large storage under drawers.
• Storage under sink with shelf.
• Trash bin with direct access from worktop.
• Full length locker outboard of galley worktop with crockery storage system.
• White laminate finish for better wear resistance.
• Open locker/molded shelf for loose deck gear.
• Steps with angled treads between bulkheads.
• SS handrails mounted between bulkheads.
• Front engine access via piston assisted hinge-up lid.
- SCRIMP infusion molded sandwich construction.
- White Gelcoat hull w/integrated gelcoat double bootstripe.
- Transverse/ longitudinal grids & mast step infused as part of hull molding.
- Intermediate bulkheads glassed to hull.
- Low VCG cast iron fin w/ lead bulb keel.
- 2 large cockpit seat lockers.
- Transom platform w/ swim ladder.
- Vented LPG bottle locker.
- Balanced composite rudder W/ JP# self aligning bearings.
Length at Waterline: 34.6
Max Draft: 7.22