Sail1Design is a proud supporter and partner with KA Sail, and we are stocking the Mach 2.6. This boat is IN the USA, ready to fly. Call 443-220-2089
The design brief for the Mach2 could not have been simpler: The boat had to be fast enough to win the World Championships, but it must be also capable of achieving this "straight out of the box" Our goal is that the black art of "tweaking" will not apply to this boat in the way it has to other production designs, that those "in the know" do not have an advantage over your regular Jo.
Everything is just right, from the foils that are designed at exactly the right angle, to the sophisticated wand system, and whilst clearly the International Moth is a development class, care has been taken to ensure that the boat will work perfectly, straight from the box.
But the design brief was also to make a boat of such quality that owners would be proud, whether they are racing at world level, or just enjoying some free ride time on the water. Pride comes from not only having a desirable product, but a dependable one too, and as a result great care has been taken over the tooling, material selection and method of construction.
The hull shape has been designed to be as fast as possible at "take off" speed. This is the only traditional requirement of the hull, the rest of the time its in the air. And that's where windage is important and the lack of any flair to the deck, the first on a production boat allows an easy flow of air around the boat from most angles.
The Dreadnought bow not only looks great but also reduces windage. Equally it minimizes resistance as the hull punches through waves going downwind in rough conditions. This means that the boat doesn't "load up" so easily and is therefore more manageable and quicker.
The sexy transom, a feature that immediately catches the eye, is designed to put strength into that area whilst taking weight out.
Finally the unique triangular centerboard case is moved further forward to increase stability and share the lifting loads more equally between the two foils.
The 2.6 is the 6th major upgrade to the MACH2 moth, with the 2.5 and 2.4 already a proven winning formula with top results all over the world. The 2.6 is without a doubt showing more speed and control over the previous MACH2 configurations. As you can see reading through the list of updates and advances below, there is not one part of the boat that has not been examined and re-engineered to increase speed and performance. The MACH2 has always been the pace-setter. With the release of the MACH2.6, we continue to be at the cutting edge of Moth design.
The MACH2.6 introduces a more efficient and user friendly control system to make a better overall experience.
- Sail controls
- all go via central deck plate inside wing tramps to cleats on outer wing bar plate.
- downhaul - on deck 16:1 purchase - continuous.
- vang 48:1 hidden inside sail skirt, (no lever!!) - also continuous.
- outhaul, gearing.
- provision for rake and/or cant.
- on centerboard for easy adjustment and visual feedback.
- front wing curves upwards to create correct leading edge shape to keep flow attached on the underside of the leeward tramp.
- rear wing curves downward to exhaust and direct the flow on the top surface.
- 60mm higher for enhanced leverage.
- no compression bar.
- net effect is to convert what was a very draggy leeward wing to low drag with forward drive.
- i.e. the wingbar and tramp acts like having additional sail area.
- instantly noticeable when you lock into high mode upwind sailing.