Job title: Sailing Instructor
Job Category: Instructor
Location: 135 South St, Hyannis, MA 02601
Level/Salary Range: Competitive pay scale dependent upon qualifications
Position Type: Full Time
Required Certifications: Require CPR & First Aid; US Sailing Level 1 Instructor
Email: Info@sailcapecod.org Subject line: “Job Application”
ATTN, Executive Director
Sail Cape Cod
P.O. Box 1954
Hyannis, MA, 02601
In many cases, the sailing instructor will be the first contact that the student has with the sailing center. he/she, therefore, must be friendly, courteous, and knowledgeable of the rules, regulations, and operations of the sailing center. instructors must be enthusiastic about the sport of sailing and seek to expose students to the fundamentals of sailing as well as the importance of the natural environment, the community in which we sail, and the basic leadership & team skills inherent in the sport of sailing.
RESPONSIBLE TO: PROGRAM DIRECTOR & PROGRAM COORDINATOR
1. Hold a current US sailing level 1 small boat instructor certification.
2. Current first aid and cpr certification.
3. Must have a passion for sailing, the community and working with kids.
4. Must have a positive, enthusiastic and flexible attitude.
5. Must possess strong problem solving skills and an ability to adapt to changing program needs depending on weather, number of students, number of boats, etc.