Columbia Sailing School is looking for a permanent, full-time Adult Program Manager who has experience with Keelboat Education and fleet maintenance. We are a 501(c)3 organization housed within Columbia Yacht Club located in downtown Chicago. Every year, we welcome over 250 adults to the shorelines of Lake Michigan for classes ranging from Learn to Sail to US Sailing Keelboat Certification Courses. Columbia Yacht Club’s 900 active members are made up of avid cruising and racing sailors, as well as powerboaters. Columbia Sailing School is heavily involved in all aspects of sailing and marine education, and we are looking for a well-rounded individual who can continue to build our program and call Chicago home.
Manage and promote all Columbia Sailing School adult programs, including but not limited to; rentals, adult certification courses, and learn to sail classes. The job will include management and maintenance of the School’s assets and recruitment and supervision of seasonal teaching staff.
• Manage Keelboat Volunteers
• Teach US Sailing Keelboat Certification Courses, as well as Learn to Sail program
• Manage Keelboat Season pass program for members
• Check-out members for Keelboat season pass
• Manage and schedule Keelboat services such as storage and launching
• Assist in developing youth and adult marine education offerings
• Set up and maintain registrations for all keelboat programs
• Run racing programs for members and students (eg. Spring Frostbite Series)
• Coordinate and perform Colgate repairs
• Work with On the Water Director and Youth Sailing Program Manager to manage and inventory all sailing school assets, and set up and perform all maintenance schedules
• Execute power fleet repairs including fiberglassing and basic engine repair
• Coordinate more extensive repairs and maintenance with local vendors
• Liaise with School customers and prospective customers, responding to email, web, and phone inquiries in a timely manner.
• Provide requested reports and data to General Manager, Committee Heads and Board of Directors
• Make recommendations and work with Board of Directors to set financial goals for Sailing School
• Attend/Participate in daily staff meetings, weekly manager meetings, and committee meetings as required
• Coach during High School Season
• Support club race committee and race management