Washington College, a private liberal arts and sciences college in Chestertown, Maryland serving about 1,100 undergraduate students through emphasizing excellence in teaching and a commitment to scholarly research, seeks employees committed to advancing inclusion and equity and to cultivating a community that welcomes all people, regardless of race, gender, disability, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, or gender expression. Of special interest are candidates who can further the College’s efforts to foster diversity, equity, and inclusion. The College is located on Maryland’s Eastern Shore, about 1.5 hours from Washington, Baltimore, and Philadelphia. For more information about the College, please consult the college’s website (www.washcoll.edu) and view the college’s diversity statement (https://www.washcoll.edu/people_departments/offices/president/diversitystatement.php).
Assistant Sailing Coach
· Assists Head Coach to organize/conduct practice sessions.
· Assists Head Coach in recruiting student-athletes.
· Assists in monitoring academic progress of student-athletes through academic advising and referrals.
· Assists the head coach in enforcing training rules and monitoring the conduct of student athletes when representing Washington College both on and off campus.
· Assists Head Coach to recommend student- athletes for awards.
· Ensures institutional compliance of the program by adhering to all policies and procedures of the NCAA, Centennial Conference and individual sport organizations.
· Responsible for other details of the sport or any assignment by the Athletic Director or Head Coach.
· Driving vans/vehicles to away contests when needed.
How to Apply:
When applying please submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information of three professional references through our online portal (https://washcoll.hrmdirect.com/employment/index.php). Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.