Balboa Yacht Club is seeking various instructors for the 2020 Summer Sailing Program in beautiful, sunny Newport Beach, CA. Positions range from Sea Urchins instructors (kids 6-7yr olds), to Beginning and Racing Sabot Instructors (sailors 8-14yr olds), to Advanced Race Team Instructors (sailors 12-18yr olds). Boats sailed in the program include Naples Sabots, CFJ's, and Club 420's.
The four local YCs in Balboa Bay race together on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons throughout the summer which provides a great camaraderie amongst the instructors and the sailors. Our YC is the closest to the ocean entrance!
BYC offers very competitive hourly wages based on experience.
BYC may assist with housing as needed.
● US Sailing Instructor Level 1 or Higher
● CPR, Basic First Aid
● Full time, 6-Week Summer Position
● Willingness to travel to regional and national regattas with Club/Parent support, if applicable
● Valid Driver’s License
● Powerboat/Rib experience
● Responsible, reliable and self-starter
● Positive role model, commitment to safety and sportsmanship