709 N. Columbia Blvd
Portland, OR 97217
A growing outdoor recreation company is looking for a full time person to join our Customer Support Team. If you’re passionate about helping people, recommending products, and getting people outdoors, we should talk.
What’s the role you ask? Well, we’re a small business ($5M in sales, ~12-14 staff), so, everyone always has a hand in many things. That said, the primary focus of this job is to work with our customers on the phone, via email and in our store. Basically, you’re helping people get out on the water sailing.
Our existing team is deeply knowledgeable and has a lot of experience sailing – but we’re also willing to train the right people. We’re looking for a positive attitude, a can-do spirit, and the desire to grow with our business over time. This is a good company, with good benefits, and we work to build a family atmosphere here that makes this a place you want to come to each day.
What does this person do during the day?
● Talks to customers via phone, email, in store and occasionally at events.
● Helps customers buy the right items for the sport.
● Helps resolve order issues when they come up.
● Processes returns/warranties.
● Assists the rest of the team in projects as we grow!
Background and Experience we think is a good fit here:
● Friendly and helpful attitude.
● A passion to help people.
● Solid written and verbal communication skills.
● Ideally, you are interested in sailing, or have some sailing background. A background with kayaks, especially Hobie kayaks, is also a plus.
● Ability to work weekends - this role works weekends as part of its regular schedule, with two consecutive days off during the week.
Ok, I can do that… but why work at West Coast Sailing?
● Sailing is cool, and our customers really like us – it makes this a nice (if busy) place to work.
● Wholesale discounts on all of our products, and access to our boats for personal use!
● Hourly Rate is $17-$18.50 depending on experience.
● PTO starts at: 2 weeks vacation, 5 days sick time, 5 paid holidays.
● Employer sponsored health insurance (Company pays 50%)
● Company sponsored SIMPLE IRA retirement plan (with a 3% match)
Ok, I’m interested, this sounds fun and challenging… how do I apply?
Email your cover letter & resume to our Customer Support Manager, Gavin. (gavin@WestCoastSailing.net)
In your cover letter, if you have sailing experience, tell us about it. If you don’t, tell us why you think your skills are a good fit for our company?
The owner’s favorite number is twenty seven, so please put that in the subject line so we know you pay attention to details!