Duxbury Yacht Club
23 Mattakeeset Ct.
Duxbury, MA 02332
Duxbury Yacht Club, Duxbury MA, is seeking to hire a Director of Sailing for the summer of 2020.
The Director of Sailing at Duxbury Yacht Club participates in developing and overseeing a quality Junior and Adult programs intended to teach sailing in a fun, safe and nurturing environment which both follows US Sailing guidelines in a creative and thoughtful way and works within the unique Duxbury Yacht Club environment.
The Director of Sailing is a 13 week full time position from June 15 through September 7 and an monthly position for staff hiring, program development, fleet management and scheduling as needed over the year to oversee our 9 week jr sailing program, Jr Regatta, adult learn to sail and social sailing and pre/post seasonal duties. Duxbury Yacht Club serves 50+ kids ages 8-16 who learn and compete in Optimists and 420s. The director will be asked to grow and expanding the program to include adult activities, expand the kids program and introduce social sailing events and will be compensate for these initiatives.
• Hire, direct and supervise 3 coaches (Opti, 420 and Novice) and jr instructors (as needed)
• Directly communicate with parents and junior sailors
• Directly communicate with Sailing Chair/Jr Sailing Chair
• Oversee and participate in curriculum development for juniors /adults
• Oversee and participate in fleet maintenance
• Oversee and participate with on and off the water teaching and mentoring
• Coordinate the DYC Jr Regatta
The Ideal Candidate will:
• Have Jr Sailing Instruction and program management experience
• Be US Sailing Level 1 certified at a minimum, Level 2 or 3 preferred
• Be knowledgeable of all aspects of Sailing, Regattas, Etiquette, and Corinthian Sportsmanship
• Have a complimentary lifestyle that would enable potential long tenure in the position.