Duxbury Yacht Club is seeking to hire a Director of Sailing for the summer of 2021.
The Director of Sailing at the DYC participates in developing and overseeing quality Junior and Adult programs intended to teach sailing in a fun, safe and nurturing environment which both follows US Sailing guidelines in a creative and thoughtful way and works within the unique Duxbury Yacht Club environment.
The Director of Sailing includes a 13-week full time position from June 15 through September 7, as well as off-season deliverables including staff hiring, program development, fleet management and scheduling as needed over the year to execute and oversee our 9 week Jr sailing program, adult learn-to-sail program. Duxbury Yacht Club serves 50+ kids ages 8-16 who learn and compete in Optimists and 420s, as well as the adult membership. In addition to managing the junior program activities, a primary goal of the position is to increase member engagement with Duxbury’s unique waterfront environment through a fun and effective curriculum.
Candidates should apply through this site, and/or contact email@example.com
· Hire, direct and supervise staff
· Directly communicate with parents and junior sailors
· Directly communicate with Sailing Chair/Jr Sailing Chair
· Oversee and participate in curriculum development for juniors /adults
· Oversee and participate in fleet maintenance
· Oversee and participate with on and off the water teaching and mentoring