JOB TITLE: DOCK MASTER/FACILITIES MANAGER
SUPERVISOR: Club General Manager and Rear Commodore
This is a supervisory position.
The Dock Master supervises, coordinates, and executes operations and support services necessary for the safe and orderly running of the club marina and dry sail facility as well as general maintenance and repair relating to club facilities including all buildings and grounds. The Dock Master supervises the dock crew and any maintenance personnel. Dock Management reports to the Club’s General Manager and receives general direction from the Rear Commodore or, in his/her absence, other club officers.
- Scheduling, assigning, and overseeing the work of marina staff.
- Scheduling, assigning, and managing transient reservations.
- Inspecting, diagnosing, and determining repair and improvement needs, and following through on solutions.
- Regularly inspecting the property for defects and remedying minor problems.
- Planning maintenance work and recommending courses of action for projects.
- Coordinating with outside contractors, including soliciting bids, managing arrangements, and inspecting their work.
- Interacting and liaising with vendors when needed.
- Maintaining club grounds, including basic yard work and snow removal.
- Maintaining inventories of appropriate supplies, equipment, and tools.
- Successful experience in a supervisory capacity.
- Knowledge of materials and methods of operations, repair, and maintenance of buildings and facilities, boats and motors, docks, and general property management.
- Ability to identify and conduct minor repairs and preventative maintenance procedures, to coordinate outsourcing of repairs and maintenance as needed, demonstrated supervisory skills for dock and repair crew.
- Considerable interpersonal skills.
- Current Captain’s license or launch operator license.
- Adequate physical strength, stamina, physical agility, and visual and auditory acuity, and must maintain physical fitness as to be able to perform the duties.