Sagamore Yacht Club, located in Oyster Bay, NY, has a leadership opportunity managing the waterfront and the Club’s fleet.
This position offers a great deal of autonomy in planning and leading the Club’s waterfront team, activities, and programs. The Dockmaster is responsible for management and maintenance of the Club’s fleet, docks, moorings, and other related facilities. Dockmaster also hires, trains, and manages the waterfront staff, which is primarily seasonal (March-November).
The Dockmaster will work directly with the Vice Commodore and will have discretion in hiring and managing the waterfront staff and in setting waterfront priorities. The ideal candidate will be collaborative, self-directed, and eager to manage his/her own operation.
- Plan for and execute safe and appropriate use of marine facilities that is compliant with industry and regulatory standards
- Develop and implement an effective schedule of repairs and maintenance for club-owned boats, engines, and related equipment
- Prepare the fleet, waterfront area, and related equipment for commissioning in the Spring and winterization in the Fall/Winter.
- Identify and manage waterfront staffing requirements and team for in-season and offseason needs.
- Work with Club committee chairs and other volunteers to provide support for racing, regattas, fishing tournaments, and other boating-related events
- Support the Sagamore Junior Sailing program (summers)
- Demonstrate strong customer service skills, greet members professionally and assist with members’ needs, including helping rig, troubleshoot, and/or dock member-owned boats
- Perform related duties, as assigned