Eastern Point Yacht Club Director of Jr. Sailing
Eastern Point Yacht Club, located in Gloucester Massachusetts is posting the following Director of Jr. Sailing position. The position is year-round with a sailing season coupled with off season administrative responsibilities. The sailing season is approximately 12 weeks from early June through Labor day. The position includes hands-on managerial and administrative focus, while overseeing all aspects of the EPYC Junior Sailing program. Off season and offsite administrative support of 10 hours per month is provided to prepare with the Jr. Sail committee and club management for the upcoming season. Off season work will focus on curriculum development, staffing, and permitting for the upcoming season. The Director, in conjunction with the Junior Sail Committee will be tasked to develop and maintain the programs strategy to ensure long term success and growth.
.Basic Responsibilities include:
- Hiring and maintaining a dynamic group of well qualified instructors annually.
- Management of the daily operations of the program including scheduling, training, safety, implementation of curriculum, vessel maintenance, & weekly communication with the Jr. Sail Chair/Committee.
- Pre season and post season inventory of club assets.
- Rigging/De-rigging of the clubs fleet; Optis, Open Bics, 420’s and R19’s.
- 3 – 5 years of coaching and or teaching experience
- US Sailing Level 2 or higher
- Opti/420 racing experience
- Commensurate interpersonal skills with ability to interact with EPYC board members, parents and students in a professional and encouraging manner on a daily basis.
- Self motivated with strong leadership skills
- Current CPR & First Aid certifications
- Basic understanding of sail/power boat maintenance
- Experience operating power driven vessels to 25’
- Ability to tow a trailer and launch vessels
Compensation Commensurate with Experience