Job Summary (Essential Functions)
Responsible for the club’s waterside activities including but not limited to Junior Fleet operations, Waterfront Access Program, and Marina operations and management. Plans, implements, and monitors waterfront budgets. Hires and supervises all waterfront staff. Bi-weekly payroll. Works directly with members, guests, and volunteer committees in a professional manner.
· Oversight of all marina, waterfront, and boating activities and assets.
· Creates, reviews, and updates boating education curricula and schedules as warranted.
· Ensures all Maryland Youth Camp regulations are met.
· Maintains high levels of member interaction through a positive waterside presence.
· Assists in the development of an operating budget; monitors and takes corrective action as necessary to help assure that budgeted revenues and cost goals are attained.
· Ensures that adequate cash procedures are followed, and that documentation is reported in an accurate and timely manner.
· Responsible for maintenance of all waterfront equipment including safety boats, sailboats, kayaks, paddleboards, and related equipment and storage facilities.
· Creates and maintains the necessary documentation for the program and staff.
· Manages the department’s long-range staffing needs.
· In charge of recruitment, training, supervision, and evaluation of marina and sailing staff.
· Monitors employee records to minimize overtime and keep labor costs within budget.
· Assures that all standard operating procedures for revenue and cost control are in place and consistently followed.
· Assures that all applicable club policies and procedures pertaining to the marina and sailing programs are followed.
· Helps plan and approves external and internal marketing and sales promotion activities for marina and waterfront programs.
· Ensures all energy management, preventive maintenance, and other standards are consistently met.
· Consults regularly with General Manager and appropriate committee chairs to help assure the highest level of member satisfaction at minimum cost.
· Addresses member and guest complaints associated with the marina and advises the General Manager about appropriate corrective actions taken.
· Coordinates regularly with appropriate club committees including but not limited to Junior Fleet, Marina, and Race committees and their Board Liaisons.
· Ensures that an accurate transient dockage reservation system is in place.
· Implements and monitors sanitation and cleaning schedules.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
· Required to stand for long periods and walk, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, stretch and twist or reach.
· Push, pull, or lift up to 50 pounds.