The Executive Director is the Chief Executive Officer of the Community Boating Center, in Bellingham, WA. The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors and is responsible for the organization’s consistent achievement of its mission and financial objectives. The ED is responsible for creating an organizational culture of teamwork, inclusivity, safety and service. The ED supervises the Programs Manager and Operations Manager.
The Community Boating Center (CBC) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, with a mission of fostering small-watercraft education including cold-water safety, access, and marine stewardship on Bellingham Bay. Our programs and services are available to all ages and backgrounds. We teach to US Sailing and American Canoe Association standards through a variety of on-land and on-water courses. We rent kayaks, sailing dinghies, keelboats, rowboats and paddleboards, as well as provide guided paddles seven days-a-week during the summer. We offer year-round dry moorage for people wanting secure access to their boat. The Center was founded in 2006 and is supported by a strong community of donors, students, volunteers and tenants.
- Supervision of the CBC staff and facilities
- Oversight of program development, implementation, and evaluation
- Staff and volunteer recruitment, retention, evaluation and development
- Financial management including budgeting, financial forecasting and fiscal oversight
- Fundraising, grant writing, and resource development
- Community relations including outreach, marketing, communications and advocacy
- Human resources management
- Compliance with federal, state, and local regulations