The Onset Bay Center seeks an energetic and responsible individual to provide sailing instruction for our fall afterschool and family programs in Wareham, MA. The season consists of weekly instructional sessions for youth and families over the span of six weeks based out of the newly constructed Onset Bay Center. Courses offered will be Intro to Sailing Optis- Ages 8-12; Intro to Sailing RS Quests and Jr. Instructing- Ages 13+; Intro to Family Sailing; and Family First Sail. Sailing Instructors will provide lessons to the participants in the afternoon, evenings, and on Saturdays.
Sailing Instructors will work as a team under the guidance of the OBC Director. The responsibilities of the Sailing Instructor include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Implement daily lesson plans and course setting based on participants’ abilities and ages.
· Assist with check-in/out of participants.
· Instruct participants in sailing, seamanship, and maritime skills.
· Lead by example as a role model who sets the tone for positive youth development.
· Maintain close communication with group leaders to ensure smooth program operations.
· Create a safe, comfortable and friendly environment.
· Deliver and maintain the three goals of OBC Programming, in order of priority: no one gets hurt, everyone has a positive life experience, develop skills and knowledge.
· Ensure a safe environment for all on-the-water and on-shore activities.
· Management and care of program equipment and supplies.
Detailed schedule will be discussed with the Program Manager. Staff Training will occur on the afternoons of 9/8/2020 to 9/10/2020. Programming runs from 9/14/2020 to 10/30/2020.