The ideal candidate will be good at project management and being self-sufficient. Implementing a regular maintenance schedule, diagnosing repairs, and ability to make decisions on how to make repairs most efficiently. Opportunity to advance our adult sailing programs; previous experience is beneficial. Knowledge of sailboats and rigging is essential, knowledge of general systems, mechanicals, and engines as well.
- General knowledge and understanding of diesel engines, gas engines, sailboats and powerboats.
- High level of customer service experience.
- Fiberglass, gelcoat and boat maintenance experience required.
- Engine maintenance experience required.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Thorough knowledge and application of maneuvering vessels in close quarters and docking procedures.
- An understanding of facility characteristics, rules, policies and procedures.
- Leadership and customer service skills.
- Decision-making skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel and RYC website.
- Fiberglass education.
- Sailing and rigging experience.
Junior, Adult, RC, Coach Boat Maintenance:
- Our sail fleet includes: (6) BICs, (16) Optis, (2) Lasers, (27) 420s, (2 wet, 6 dry) Sonars, (2 wet and 6 dry) Ideals, (1) Catalina 26
- General maintenance such fiber glassing, replacing rigging and cordage, tuning, maintaining hulls and rigging, recording what work needs to be done and following through. Boat bottom painting, hull faring and waxing, winterizing, prepping for the season.
- Race Committee Boats including (2) 32’ Signal boats and (1) 22’ Boston Whaler Markset. General maintenance. Painting boat bottoms and gearing up for the season as well as winterizing. Basic engine repairs, oil changes, etc.
- Coach boats (5 13ft whalers, 2 17ft whalers, 3 inflatables) including cleaning, oil changes, general maintenance, bottom painting, winterizing and preparing for season.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Overtime as required
- Vacation and sick leave
- Flexible season start and end dates
- Use of Club boats
- Professional development
Please send resumes to email@example.com