Seattle Sailing Club is now hiring for a full-time Service Manager! The Service Manager is responsible for overseeing our fleet, which includes boat maintenance and cleaning and is also responsible for communicating with vendors, boat owners, staff, instructors and Club members. The Service Manager works with our Fleet Manager to delegate maintenance and cleaning tasks to dock staff and maintains a year-round maintenance and cleaning plan. The ultimate goal of the Service Department is to ensure a positive experience for members, students, and the boat owners. We are looking for someone who is professional, attentive, resourceful, and flexible.
- Have a working knowledge of sailboats, including systems and sails. (Required)
- Customer service extraordinaire - exceptional phone, email, and face-to-face communication
- Strong interpersonal skills - instills a positive attitude working as part of a team and independently
- A self-starter who foresees what needs to be done and is resourceful
- Strong attention to detail and very organized.
- Motivated to learn, critical thinker, and problem solver
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask
- Able to supervise staff, including delegation of tasks
- Experience using Google Suite, Trello, FareHarbor, and Excel (desired, but not required)
- Maintain the fleet and ensure all boats are kept in service
- Be the liaison between boat owners and the Club regarding the status of maintenance projects, and communicate regarding repairs that need to be done
- Order parts and supplies; maintain billing records for monthly boat owner billing
- Supervise and assign jobs to the maintenance staff and dock staff, ensuring that everyone is doing their part in keeping the boats up to club standards
- Communicate with third party vendors and local shops to order parts or schedule services
- Organize and schedule off-season projects
- Health, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance after 90 probationary period
- Paid Sick & Safe Time (max 40 hrs/year)
- Free sailing lessons, boat rentals, pro deals, and sailing events (after 60-day probationary period)
- Opportunities for growth and learning
- Work with a view of the beautiful Olympic Mountains and Puget Sound
- A flexible and fun work environment
- Gateway to a community of active sailors in the PNW
We are currently maintaining Covid protocols, which includes mask-wearing at all times.
About Seattle Sailing Club
Seattle Sailing Club is the home of fun, affordable sailing. For over 50 years, we have been serving the Seattle area, fostering the growth and education of new sailors, and providing more experienced sailors with an opportunity to sail without the hassle and expense of boat ownership. A membership with Seattle Sailing Club gives you access to a variety of boats you can use as your own, with options for unlimited day sailing, pay-as-you-go, and overnight cruising. Whether you’re just learning to sail or you’ve crossed oceans, whether you love to race or cruise, the staff and instructors of Seattle Sailing Club are excited to help you achieve your goals on the water. We welcome you into this thriving community of great people and great sailors!